Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pentaho

roco

Total Posts:  191

Has anyone connected to the API using pentaho PDI? I am able to see the wsdl and read the in and out fields but keep getting a message that the session has ended and I must re login.

If you have connected with Pentaho or another similar system, could you describe how to format the sessionId string in the “call” input? 

- roco

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Braeu

Total Posts:  16

Yes, I have connected Pentaho with WEB API. I generate a

-"Generate Row” Step with the WEB-USername und the Pass.
-"WEB-Service" Lookup Step, (checkboxes “Pass Input Data” and “v2.x.. Compact..” -> true) with User and Pass as Input and api_key as Output
-"Add constants” Step with the ressource_Path (like customer_address.list) and the argum (like 2)
-"WEB-Service" Lookup Step, (checkboxes “Pass Input Data” and “v2.x.. Compact..” -> true), Operation call, “in Tab”: User->session_Id (I dont know why, but it works, the API-Key is after the first WEBService Lookup there), ressource_Path->ressource_Path, arg->args

But now there is a Problem with the result of the WEBService. Penttaho can’t parse the complex resulttyp. You can see the values under the logging TAB (debug-level), but a error occurs.

Braeu

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Yeah - This was the problem I was getting too.  I couldn’t get pentaho to parse the resulttyp either.  My route has been to work with the DB directly and to translate entities into their actual column values, but this is time consuming and not necessarily consistent from magento version to version.  Let me know if you solve this, as it seems like a great way to work with data in magento (if it would work!).  Thanks - roco

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Have you had any more luck with this Braeu?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I’m interested in connecting pentaho with magento web api as well. If anyone has success please let me know.

Regards,

mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Still interested...........hopefully someone will post here soon!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community