Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different Products and Pricing Depending on Login

TechLH

Total Posts:  7

Greetings,

I’m a web designer, new to Magento and have a question.  I have a client who might want to use this for several of his clients.  However, he’d like different products to show depending on which customer is logged in.  Also, some of the products may be the same across several customers, but at different pricing schedules.  Are these things possible with Magento?

Will

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Total Posts:  65
Washington, DC

Depending upon your needs, you could set up another webstore and add code on each page of this new web store to verify that the user is a) logged in and b) part of a certain group. If both conditions are not satisfied, you can redirect the visitor to some page. In this way, you can have separate pricing, separate products, and separate content. The “hack” is adding the conditions.

The other option is to use tiered pricing based on a a group. This is done in the product interface and is straightforward.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TechLH

Total Posts:  7

Thanks, evisboy.  Since I haven’t dug into the code yet, let me ask.  Is there a simple header file that I can modify to require a login, or better yet is there a setting in the Magento config that forces all users to be logged in?  This would solve half the issues.  Then I just gotta figure out how to group each new user as you said.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community