Magento Forum

How modular is Magento, and any ideas if it will integrate with WordPress ? (New to Magento)

findmeacart

Total Posts:  3

Is it possible to show one product out of any product category in a div?

I ask this because it’s a rough test of how modular / flexible a cart is.  For example, on an index page I might want to have one random product out of a specific category on the top left of a page, another couple from another category on the bottom right.

Also - has anyone ever tried integrating this with WordPress, or have any ideas as to whether or not this is likely to be possible? I don’t mean side by side, but genuinely integrated e.g. within the index page of the blog there are a couple of items for sale using Magento.

Many thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

findmeacart

Found this so far:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/296/lazzymonks-wordpress-integration%20
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/445/lazzymonks-blog

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nerf-Herder

Total Posts:  15

Monks Blog Rocks!!  It’s simple and well integrated, and it works!!  Wordpress has it’s own issues (yes I like it too) but on’ce you’ve integrated Monk (2.5 seconds on the outside to install), you;ll love it.

Just do it!  Being Lazzy ain’t so bad.  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

findmeacart - 25 September 2008 09:18 AM

Is it possible to show one product out of any product category in a div?

I ask this because it’s a rough test of how modular / flexible a cart is.  For example, on an index page I might want to have one random product out of a specific category on the top left of a page, another couple from another category on the bottom right.

Also - has anyone ever tried integrating this with WordPress, or have any ideas as to whether or not this is likely to be possible? I don’t mean side by side, but genuinely integrated e.g. within the index page of the blog there are a couple of items for sale using Magento.

Many thanks!

You can definitely show one random product from a certain category.

Magently is hugely modular. That being said, it’s also hugely complex rasberry It comes with a mean learning curve.

It’s worth the effort to learn it, IMO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

findmeacart

Two positive replies grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community