Magento Forum

Discount Based on Quantity of Items from a Category

jrochman

Total Posts:  24

I search and was unable to locate anything on this.  If I just missed it, please point me in the right direction.  Can Magento, as it is currently designed, create a discount based on the cart containing X quantity of items from a category?  Or X quantity of items with a given attribute (i.e., Discount Code = Z).

To make more concrete by example:

Receive 10% off if you purchase 12 items from Category X or 12 Items with Discount Code Z:

5 Item As from Category X
5 Item Bs from Category X
2 Items from Category Y
NO DISCOUNT

3 Items Cs from Category X
10% Discount

3 Items Cs from Category X
2 Items from Category Y
10% Discount applied only to Items from Category X, Category Y will not receive the discount.

Instead of having it apply to Categories, I think it would be more flexible if it could be applied by creating an attribute, or having a separate field for discount code, where I can use logic to check the quantity/price/etc of items with discount code = to X to be able to apply the discounts.  That way it can work across categories too.

So is this possible and if so, how?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jrochman

Total Posts:  24

[s]Scratch the above.  I think I figured out that it is possible and basically utilized the method I was talking about by checking by any attribute field I want.[/s]

EDIT:

I am back to wondering if this is possible for all test cases?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community