Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento-Connect Issues

Watty

Total Posts:  6
San Diego, Ca

Hello Folks,

New here - so be gentle.  I\’ve gone through numerous pages on here trying to find a solution, but have yet to find one.  I\’ve seen several posts with the same problem - but no replies.  Here\’s hoping someone can help!  smile

First off, I suppose I should let you know that I have to access Magento-Connect directly from domainname.com/downloader - not from within the admin panel.  Not sure if that is causing the underlying problem or not, but thought it worth mentioning.

After grabbing a mod/extension and having it installed (via M-Connect), the following is displayed when going to Admin: System - Configuration:

Fatal error: Class ‘EXTENSION NAME_Helper_Data’ not found in /home/user/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 523

Obviously the EXTENSION NAME is what I threw in there since they all have this problem.

I\’ve looked at the error location:

/**
     * Retrieve helper object
     * @param string $name the helper name
     * @return Mage_Core_Helper_Abstract
     */
    public static function helper($name)

{

if (strpos($name\'/\') === false{
            $name 
.= \'/data\';

}

$registryKey 
\'_helper/\' $name;
        if (!
self::registry($registryKey)) {
            $helperClass 
self::getConfig()->getHelperClassName($name);

self::register($registryKey, new $helperClass);

}

return self::registry($registryKey);

}

but can\’t see anything that jumps out at me as being wrong.

Please… anyone have any suggestions/solutions?

Peace,

Watty

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

travelermeng

Total Posts:  54

Got the same problem, anyone can help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dtrain

Total Posts:  8

Can you post the full Extension name for your case? Not all the thes issues are the same depending.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community