Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image problem that is driving me nuts! 

xjavs

Total Posts:  7
Oceanside, CA

I’ve been trying to solve this image problem for a few days with no luck.  I have a few products that I entered a while back (a few versions ago) that I would like to update it with a new image.  The problem I have is that I can’t get the new image to show everywhere it is suppose to.  If you see the attachments you will see that I get the my default “no image” icon on the list or grid view and when I go into the details of the product I see the default “no image” image for the base view but I do get the correct image below the base image.  I have looked in the database, compared themes, installed a fresh test install and entered some test products to compare the tables and files but I can’t seem to find what might be causing this.

Anybody seen this before?  I’m on version 1.1.6.

Image Attachments
detail-view.pnggrid-view.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xjavs

Total Posts:  7
Oceanside, CA

Ok, I finally solved the problem.  When I exported the items in question I noticed that the old images (paths) where being exported.  I went into the database and did a search across all the table to see which tables where referencing the images.  I found that the table “catalog_product_entity_varchar” had entries for the products in question (productID = entity_id).  I noticed that the entries with the old image paths had a store_id value of 1 while all other that seemed to be working correct had a store_id of 0.  I went ahead and deleted those entries and now my images are appearing correctly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community