Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

bogus orders

Cari

Total Posts:  12

Hi Magento folks--just got an ‘order’ today.  Was initially very excited until I noticed the email was “ ” hmmmmm.
And the address is bogus, too.  I had guest checkout enabled, which I now have turned off, of course.  Which sucks, cause I wanted this feature, but not with this kind of thing going on.
Warning to those with guest checkout enabled!

See attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Cari

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

OK, and how exactly is this a potential security issue?

Someone entered an order with fake details, that’s not a security issue, that’s an annoying punter looking around, sussing out your cart. There’s nothing insecure about it.

If you don’t like that type of people browsing, you can send an e-mail with activation link for guest accounts to at least make sure they have entered a valid e-mail.

Lastly, do you really want people to ring up and say “I need the status on order id one zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero two please”?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community