Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integrate with Icecat.biz product data spec sheets

Byron Miler

Total Posts:  7

I would like to be able to easily map icecat.biz xml feeds to our inventory products to fill in product specs/features or integrate with the web feed for the hosted solutions. 

Icecat.biz has a public domain type feed of thousands of manufactures and also offers a commercial feed for paid customers and the data is very in-depth and would fill in the paremtric values/product details nicely within magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Byron Miler

Total Posts:  7

Ron Seigel - 03 December 2007 05:27 AM

WOW!  big surprise

Shame there isn’t a US version. That would be very cool indeed.

There is.  Its country agnostic.  They map the data using sids i believe to allow you to post English descriptions and units of measurement.  Make sure you select English from the options, signup for the free xml feeds and download away. Its a gold mine of data & resources and somewhat overwhelming to comprehend wink

You can even download the EU pricing from there price/shopping site and look at converting that to USD as a basis for competitive pricing or how you could offer your goods overseas.

Magento Community
Magento Community

catlox

Total Posts:  1

An osCommerce onnector for ICEcat is available here:
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5294
http://www.bintime.com/action/news/show/12/index.htm

Probably a basis for a Megento connector.

The URL format can be generated also on the fly. The structure is like:
http://prf.icecat.biz/index.cgi?prod_id=1447B006AA;vendor=Canon;shopname=openICEcat-url;lang=en

And Open ICEcat is worlwide right now. You can post your shop prices to the catalog after login. This will also generate a match between your catalog and the icecat catalog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chantal

Total Posts:  68
Netherlands, Hellevoetsluis

Integration of ICEcat would be a great feature. Hopefully somebody will find a solution soon. (Sorry I am no a programmer myself)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jhinchcliffe

Total Posts:  30

subscribing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hemzet

Total Posts:  9

I would also prefer this feature. Other options are data sheets from DCI or CNET. But IceCat could be the future’s most popular data provider because it’s free.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dum dum

Total Posts:  22

catlox - 11 April 2008 12:09 PM

An osCommerce onnector for ICEcat is available here:
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5294
http://www.bintime.com/action/news/show/12/index.htm

Probably a basis for a Megento connector.

The URL format can be generated also on the fly. The structure is like:
http://prf.icecat.biz/index.cgi?prod_id=1447B006AA;vendor=Canon;shopname=openICEcat-url;lang=en

And Open ICEcat is worlwide right now. You can post your shop prices to the catalog after login. This will also generate a match between your catalog and the icecat catalog.

Hi Catlox,

May i know the detail how to import icecat data to magento?
Many thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bInTime

Total Posts:  5
Ukraine, Kiev

Hello everybody,

At this moment we are doing integration with Icecat on a commercial basis, of XML data.

in future we are going to release an advanced connecter, an improvement comparing to the OsC connector, that would parse XML data real-time and display it in skin look & feel without IFRAME or “includes” from ICEcat.

regards
sergey

Magento Community
Magento Community

Red Mouse Computers

Total Posts:  123

any updates on the intergration with icecat?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Finn

Total Posts:  75
Finland & The Netherlands

I remembered it passing by on the RSS feed a while ago. It seems binTime created the extension, nice work! http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2309/mageconnector I’ll be taking a look myself too when time permits it wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrploddy

Total Posts:  13

Hi there,

I work for a company called Juicy Media in the UK.

We have developed a bespoke Icecat integration service. This is NOT a component that you can install in to your shop. It’s a bespoke service on an individual client basis including where necessary template design and hosting solutions for enterprise grade Magento store owners.

Basic initial Import includes
- Creation of all 925 icecat categories which you can then rearrange as you please
- Import and creation of all 925 attribute sets and their associated 5,000+ attributes
- Mapping of all 4,000+ manufacturers to the manufacturer attribute
- Import of products in to magento including the FULL technical data sheet, assigning to correct category, assignment of correct attribute set, uploading of picture. (They are imported directly in to your database not created on the fly)

Extra Services include
- A bespoke tailored update service based on your resellers product feed including adding new products with icecat info, adding products that are not in icecat, updating prices, updating stock quantities (bespoke tailed to clients individual needs), deletion of products no longer present in product feed.
- A full design and Magento template building service.
- Fast hosting on dedicated servers with security and load balancing.

For further information please contact and our Sales Manager will contact you and arrange a personalized quotation based on your needs.

Regards

-mrploddy
(Note we are a UK company so UK business hours please!)

Magento Community
Magento Community

webtechy

Total Posts:  19

Realise this is a while ago. But does this integration now happen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bInTime

Total Posts:  5
Ukraine, Kiev

Hi everybody,

Just once again wanted to mention that the integration is already developed.

There are two options:
- ICEcat Magento Connector is the free of charge option. You can install it yourself from Magento Connect. However it won’t load data into your database.

- Complete XML integration. This you can request through our website, it’s a per-customer job, a paid one.

Any questions plz free to let me know.

regards
Sergey

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community