Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fed Ex Shipping Descriptions

CyberBoyo

Total Posts:  1

I’ve activated the Fed Ex shipping functionality for my e-commerce section. During the check out process the user is asked to select from up to 7 different shipping options that only display prices. Is there setting I can adjust to display the price and the description?

Right now it just says

$3.99
$7.99
$10.00

I need it to say

$3.99 - Ground
$7.99 - 2 day shipping
$10.99 - 1 day shipping

Is this possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Doug Homan

Total Posts:  9

Not sure this is the best answer, but I had to go into magento\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\checkout\cart (or better to copy the file to your template folder) and edit the shipping.phtml file.

On line 70 (or look for)
<label for="s_method_<?php echo $_rate->getCode() ?>"><?php echo $_rate->getMethodDescription() ?>

and change to

<label for="s_method_<?php echo $_rate->getCode() ?>"><?php echo $_rate->getMethod() ?>

That did the trick for me for the same problem I was having with USPS shipping

Magento Community
Magento Community

Doug Homan

Total Posts:  9

Haven’t checked it yet but looks like in the database table:
sales_flat_quote_shipping_rate

There is a field called method_description which is showing as NULL in my database so I bet you can populate that to get the description you want to show without changing the code

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quiddity

Total Posts:  22

Found this thread, it explains how to fix this issue:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17697/

Hope this works for you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community