Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Payment Module - Quickbooks Merchant Services

evisboy

Total Posts:  65
Washington, DC

@jmlee: I am rewriting several parts of this module to make it more robust. I will post to magento connect after that is done. You can expect it by month’s end.

@twistedindustries: I have not tested in 1.4, but it should work. After my rewrite, I will test and update the project page.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Total Posts:  74

I got stuck at this step in the README as well:

4) Configure the module with your appid, connection ticket, and URL (testing or live)

I don’t see anything in the Magento configuration to enter this info.  Is this supposed to go in the callback file or somewhere else completely?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

I had copied one of the folders incorrectly.  Now “QBMS2 Intuit” shows up as a payment method in the backend.

Will be testing the whole process on 1.4.0.1 over the next week.  I will report back with my results.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

AppID, Connection Ticket, etc all reference the steps required to be able to connect to the QB servers. Please reference the steps in the WIKI: http://code.google.com/p/magentoqbms/wiki/PageName

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Yes that wiki page was EXTREMELY helpful.  I haven’t been able to get a connection ticket yet but I don’t have an SSL cert from a CA authority that is supported by Intuit yet.  I should have this sometime tomorrow.  I will report back with how it works on my 1.4.0.1 install once I have that straightened out.  So far, it looks like there should be no issue.

Thanks for your hard work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

I got an SSL cert installed that QBMS finally liked and successfully obtained my connection ticket.  I went to test from the frontend and the payment method loads when checking out but clicking the “Continue” button doesn’t do anything.  I checked for Javascript errors in Firefox (none) and didn’t see any error logs from Apache or Magento anywhere.

This is running a stock install of 1.4.0.1 using the default “blue” theme and no add-ons.  The site is at:

http://outlet.techoutfit.com

Anybody know what might be causing this?  PayPal Standard works fine if I try to check out with that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Rolling back to 1.3.2.4 allowed me to get to the next step in checkout so something must be up with 1.4.0.1 and this extension.

Now when checking out I’m getting the error:

Error unable to set private key file '/home/user/outlet.techoutfit.com/intuitqbms.pem' type PEM

Ive tried using the relative and absolute paths in the config.  I tried generating new CSR, and retrieved a new certificate from Intuit.  Installed the CA cert from Intuit in my SSL chain. 

Do I have a path issue or is there something wrong with my certs?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Figured out my own problem again…

One thing that wasn’t explained in the Wiki on the Google Code site is that you need to concatenate your private key to the certificate Intuit gives you (the PEM file).  The key needs to be first. 

After that I was able to successfully charge cards through QBMS!

At some point I will take another crack at getting it to work under 1.4.0.1 and see if I can find where it’s failing.  I will continue to post any updates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gyrofly

Total Posts:  15

It’s not working under 1.4.0.1. We have the same problem mentioned a couple replies earlier..

I went to test from the frontend and the payment method loads when checking out but clicking the “Continue” button doesn’t do anything.  I checked for Javascript errors in Firefox (none) and didn’t see any error logs from Apache or Magento anywhere.

Has anyone got this work in 1.4.0.1? Any help would be great appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

Everyone, 1.4.x is coming out shortly. I am also revamping the heck out of this badboy to make it much more robust - better error handling, etc. First roll out will be a working version for 1.4 (ETA: this week). Next is the bigger, faster, stronger version (ETA: next week).

I will keep you posted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonkirkman

Total Posts:  4

An update on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

It’s done. I am testing it out now and fixing some bugs. I will be posting by the weekend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

Everyone: lastest version is out for 1.4. Go get it: http://code.google.com/p/magentoqbms/

Working on a production-ready version that will be posted to Magento Connect. I don’t post non-production quality code on Magento Connect for a variety of reasons, namely I don’t want to mess up anybody’s site or have them think poorly of me (even if I do post with caveats).

That said, this code is used in production by a variety of my clients and others with few problems. However, I notice some potential issues with the code and until they are fixed I do not consider this production-level.

Feedback is appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmlee

Total Posts:  53

Thanks for the great contribution.

Does this new update work with older version of Magento? I need this plugin for 1.3.2.4.

Please advise.

thanks,
Jerry

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonkirkman

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for the update!
Do you have a PayPal account that we can use to buy you a beer?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community