Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Payment Module - Quickbooks Merchant Services

grproduct

Total Posts:  5

rybrown18,

This module appears to work great!

I have just completed testing the MAG_QBMS module with QBMS and have been able to use Magento’s checkout with Intuit’s test PTC server.  I ran through the various credit card error codes and see the correct error messages from Magento’s checkout.  (I also added a couple of additional credit card processing error messages to Carlos’ code for my particular installation.) All operations seem to be working fine.  And when I don’t purposely create an error, it seems to process the order correctly.  On a downloadable product, I ‘bought’ one using the module with Intuit’s test server, it received a ‘credit card approval’ and immediately allowed me to do the download.

BTW, it’s working in version 1.3.2.3

Carlos did a great job with this module!

8-10 update: Just tested this module in production mode.  Works fine.  I just ran a real credit card and processed a small order through Magento/MAG-QBMS and I see the transaction at my bank.  Worked as advertised!  Thanks Carlos!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kikuchyo

Total Posts:  19

People keep pointing out how hard the set up process is. Would someone who has gotten this to work post some directions? Specifically concerning how to set up the connection ticket. I’ve read the aforementioned directions [https://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=3&threadid;=7743] and was hoping someone could clarify the process. For instance, what do we use for the various callback URLs?

Magento Community
Magento Community

grproduct

Total Posts:  5

@Kikuchyo,

I have the module working and followed Carlos’ directions with just a little reading between the lines (but I’m no computer expert, so if I can do it, it probably isn’t really that hard:)

Carlos’ directions are with his download area at:  http://code.google.com/p/magentoqbms/

You choose your own path for where you put the ‘callback’ .php file.  It has to go in a publicly accessible web directory, and have executable permission. I simply put it in the root of my public-html area.  I also created a directory for where I wanted the ‘ticket.txt’ file to go, and found out the hard way that this directory has to have write permissions.  The first time I tried to get the ticket, nothing happened on my end, but Intuit’s system congratulated me.  Fortunately they have a button to click to re-send the ticket information as many times as you need.  (They must have dealt with a novice like me before). 

I used Carlos’ sample callback.php as is, but obviously changed the path of the ticket.txt file.  The path is the actual server path to where you want the ticket.txt created.  For example, mine was /home/username/www/intuit/ticket.txt

(I created the directory ‘intuit’ and set permissions to 777, although 666 would probably also have worked.)

I did not create the file ticket.txt, just the directory.  When I told Intuit’s system to send the ticket, I knew I had finally done something right because I saw the file ticket.txt appear in my ‘intuit’ directory.  (Their system executes your ‘callback.php’ program, which then creates ticket.txt, and stores some information in the file that you need in the final configuration in Magento QBMS module setup.)

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lb336603

Total Posts:  16

I’m excited to see this CBMS module but does it work with Intuit’s ‘Innovative Gateway Solutions’. From what I understand, ‘Quickbooks Merchant Services’ and ‘Innovative Gateway Solutions’ are both payment processors and merchant services provided by Intuit. I am not sure exactly what each product offers, but I do know that they are not the same thing.

With that said, does anyone know if this CBMS module is compatible with ‘innovative gateway solutions’? Please help! I waited so long just to have my merchant service application go through, I really dont want to switch over to CBMS if I do not have to.

Thanks for any feedback and congrats to all you who have this module correctly installed!

-Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

I have successfully setup connection to QB via the (desktop) mode instead of the hosted mode.

It is very importand to get a connection ticket and you MUST go to this link to do so

https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection/connectionList?appid=YOURAPPID

In the URL just replace YOURAPPID with the one you created on the intuit dev site. Register if it asks you to.

QB makes this task very difficult however, it pays off in the long run.

Hope this helps someone. I think I may make a detailed instruction PDF this evening to explain from scratch.

Jeff

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

I take it back.....it’s not working now!!!!!!!!

Going to try hosted again. QB process here really stinks, but....their processing system is great

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamM

Total Posts:  9

I’ve got the extension installed, and finally have all the certificates, keys, and ticket in place, but I’m getting an error when I try to place a test order. The error says: “Error = unable to set private key file: ‘path/to/key/and/certificate/intuit.pem’ type PEM”.  I know that the program is finding the .pem file successfully, because when I change the path, I get a different error. The contents of the .pem file are my private key and Intuit’s signed certificate.

I’ve gone through all the steps to register the app with intuit without any errors, and the ticket appeared successfully.

I think there must be something wrong with my private key. Because I don’t have shell access on the production server, and I’m developing on a windows machine running WAMP5, I don’t have access to the usual openssl method of generating certificates. Instead I’m using a program called Portecle to generate key pairs, certificates, and CSRs. I’m not overly familiar with such things—is there some reason a certificate or key wouldn’t work if it was generated on a different machine than the one its being used on? Is there some other likely reason I’d be getting this error?

Thanks very much for any info about this,
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamM

To follow up on my post from yesterday, I have good and bad results to report:
I used openssl through cygwin to generate the key and CSR and replaced the old ones with the new. This seems to have solved the problem mentioned above. However, I’m now getting a brand new and more inscrutable error alert: “There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later.” This looks to me like maybe it’s Magento’s default order failure message—not very informative to one with limited experience with Magento’s quirks. I enabled error logging in the system configuration, and the exception.log file contains one of the following for each attempted purchase:

2009-10-16T21:40:32+00:00 ERR (3):
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/home/childsst/...’, 1281, Array)
#1 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Qbms2/Model/Qbms2.php(1281): simplexml_load_string(’</QBMSXMLMsgsRs...’)
#2 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(131): Mage_Qbms2_Model_Qbms2->authorize(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment), 18.4)
#3 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(337): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->place()
#4 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(475): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->_placePayment()
#5 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(509): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->place()
#6 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(385): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#7 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#8 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’saveOrder’)
#9 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/childsst/domains/childsstudio.com/public_html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#12 {main}

It looks to me like there’s a problem with the QBMS2 XML, but why or where is somewhat beyond me. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamM

Further developments:
I took a look in Qbms2.php at line 1281, where it appeared from the log like the error is originating. It is the call to the function that converts an XML string into an array of some kind that can be accessed through Magento’s xml helper, by the looks of it. To help me figure out what’s going on, I made my own log file and added some code to Qbms2.php to write the contents of the first XML response from Intuit into the log file. Here’s what that turned out to be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE QBMSXML PUBLIC “-//INTUIT//DTD QBMSXML QBMS 2.0//EN” “http://webmerchantaccount.ptc.quickbooks.com/dtds/qbmsxml20.dtd">
<QBMSXML>
<SignonMsgsRs>
<SignonAppCertRs statusCode="2000" statusMessage="Application agent not found /home/[path to ticket]/ticket.txt” statusSeverity="ERROR">
<ServerDateTime>2009-10-17T02:21:34</ServerDateTime>
</SignonAppCertRs>
</SignonMsgsRs>
</QBMSXML>\

According to Intuit’s “error handing” page ( http://beta.ipp.developer.intuit.com/sdk/qbms/Documentation/Error_Handling ), statusCode 2000 means that the ticket is invalid. The ticket file looks good—it contains the TGT-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX line at the top, follow by AppData and appID.  I tried getting rid of the contents of the ticket, then going to the Intuit ‘create a connection’ page and generating a new ticket. The ticket it created is identical to the previous one, and the same error still occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Total Posts:  65
Washington, DC

Make sure that the URLs that you use are correct in the module (production vs. testing) as well as all of the information in appreg.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamM

Thanks for your suggestion. As it turned out, the solution was almost ridiculously simple: I had put the path to the ticket file in the ConnectionTicket field in the configuration, rather than the ticket string itself! Once that was fixed it worked perfectly, and I now have successful orders showing in my test account.

Thanks for the module Carlos. A donation will be forthcoming.

Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

vcre8ive

Total Posts:  13

So, sense Intuit now uses Innovative Gateway Solutions for their e-commerce solutions, will this module still function ?

I have been trying to issue keys but i keep on getting a error about website name from intuit. I’m Using cpanel to write the key and it doesn’t allow me to not include information like email, as the instructions say to not include.

If this module still works, I am willing to pay someone to help me install it. Need this asap.

-v

Magento Community
Magento Community

panachefood

Total Posts:  1

elstinko - 15 May 2009 07:12 AM

We are in the process of migrating from X-cart to Magento and we have Quickbooks Online Edition and Quickbooks Merchant Services. Being a developer I will be glad to help you test. The Quickbooks Merchant Services Payment Gateway is priority for us but your Online Edition push is very interesting and rare to find.

I too have QB Online and Merchant Services.  we are soon to get our web store up and running and I am trying to see if I can use Intuit’s Merchant Services or if I have to jump to another gateway solution like authorize.net .  Any feedback right now would very helpful!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmlee

Total Posts:  53

Can this extension be found in Magento connect now?

Magento Community
Magento Community

twistedindustries

Total Posts:  64

Has anybody been able to test this with 1.4?

THANKS!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community