Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Payment Module - Quickbooks Merchant Services

evisboy

Total Posts:  65
Washington, DC

@Tolputt,

If you prefer, why not just use the CCSAVE module that comes standard with magento? The only thing that it will not store (due to prevalent laws) is the credit card security code, but you should be able to change settings in the payment processor to not require that.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TolputtKeeton

Total Posts:  54

Hmmm didnt realise there was that option, im new to magento and all things payments so im trying to run before i can walk. lol

so i can get magento to save the credit card details and there will be sufficient details to make the payment via their regular way of doing so in the club shop?

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

Assuming your payment gateway is like most and you can change settings to not requires sec. code, yes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TolputtKeeton

Total Posts:  54

Ok Cheers, ill find out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elstinko

Total Posts:  5

We are in the process of migrating from X-cart to Magento and we have Quickbooks Online Edition and Quickbooks Merchant Services. Being a developer I will be glad to help you test. The Quickbooks Merchant Services Payment Gateway is priority for us but your Online Edition push is very interesting and rare to find.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elstinko

Total Posts:  5

I followed your directions.
However step 1.
1) Place the entire folder, Qbms2, into /app/code/local/Mage
I had to create this directory inside local since it did not exist. I hope this was the correct procedure. I did, however, see a “Mage” directory in “core” directory.

I see your module showing up in “configuration / advanced / advanced” section. Boy this is a vague name Magento gave this section of admin controls. It should be called Modules Output.

Now I do not understand your last direction.
4) Configure the module with your appid, connection ticket, and URL (testing or live)

Where is the configuration form for this module? All I see is enabled or disabled options.

If I can be of any help for formal testing I am completely willing. I want to use both of your modules.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@elstinko,

Configuring your webstore to communicate with Quickbooks is the most difficult part of this entire process by far. I have not created detailed information on doing so due to lack of time, but that is definitely in the works. In the meantime, you can refer to this link:  http://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=3&threadid;=7743

You will need to register your application with quickbooks (to get the appid), establish connection between quickbooks and your webstore (to get the connection ticket). Read through the aforementioned link and feel free to post any specific questions here. I will also notify everyone when I finish my detailed post which willl be magento specific.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rybrown18

Total Posts:  29

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the module and now I only get one error and it says that the following
unable to use client certificate no key found or wrong pass phrase

What does that mean?
I am using the regular QBMS gateway.
Please help.

Thank you so much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fortimir

Total Posts:  35

I cannot for the life of me get the module to show up in the Payment Methods list (where I assume it should be)!

I’m on 1.3.1… and assuming I can get this to show up, I’m looking forward to your guide on getting the QBMS account syncing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rybrown18

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the module and now I only get one error and it says that the following
unable to use client certificate no key found or wrong pass phrase

What does that mean?
I am using the regular QBMS gateway.
Please help.

Thank you so much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rybrown18

Hello,

Anyone there! I can’t get this to work. Willing to pay?
Any help would be appreciated.
My store needs to launch this weekend.
Please help.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cthamer

Total Posts:  6

evisboy - 17 December 2008 12:38 PM

@timdorr

I completely agree that there is a very steep learning curve with regards to QBMS and hosted apps. Unfortunately, there is not much that I can do about that other than help people get through it. I’ve started creating an article to walk people through setting up the server, registering the app, etc, but I have not gotten around to finishing it.

You will need to use the hosted mode—since magento is considered a hosted app. The callback urls are whatever you want them to be. ( I use https://www.domain.com/intuit.php). You just need to be sure that the correct handling code is in there and that SSL is set up correctly (do not use self-signed certificates, as it will definitely fail. You need to use valid CAs—like thawte or rapidshare).

The PEM is just the intuit signed cert + the key (or you can point to the key separately). However, the Intuit CA needs to be added as a trusted cert on your server.

PM me if you need more help and we can chat via messenger or skype.

The learning curve for getting the connection to use QBMS is ridiculous.  The actual code to process a transaction isn’t all that hard.

You actually don’t have to use the hosted mode. I had assumed one had to use that mode too when I integrated QBMS into a shopping cart a few months back. However I finally gave up on getting the hosted mode working and switched to the desktop mode which works just fine. I came across an obscure posting in the official QBMS forum that explained this to me. If I still had the link I would post it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aspirewebstudio

Total Posts:  8

Evisboy,
Have you by chance finished the documentation for configuring the store to communicate with Quickbooks? Could really use some help getting this to work. Thanks.

evisboy - 20 May 2009 12:49 PM

@elstinko,

Configuring your webstore to communicate with Quickbooks is the most difficult part of this entire process by far. I have not created detailed information on doing so due to lack of time, but that is definitely in the works. In the meantime, you can refer to this link:  http://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=3&threadid;=7743

You will need to register your application with quickbooks (to get the appid), establish connection between quickbooks and your webstore (to get the connection ticket). Read through the aforementioned link and feel free to post any specific questions here. I will also notify everyone when I finish my detailed post which willl be magento specific.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rybrown18

Would like to send a very special thanks To Carlos for helping me to get my storefront set up with QuickBooks. It was very difficult, but he did it and I am forever grateful.

Thank you very much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rybrown18

HELP!!!!!!

HAS ANYONE GOT THIS TO WORK?
I NEED HELP GETTING IT INSTALLED AGAIN!

WILLING TO PAY TODAY!
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPREICATIED.
THE AUTHOR OF THE MODULE IS TOO BUSY!