$PHP_ConnectionTicket = $_POST['conntkt'];
$PHP_AppData = $_POST['appdata'];
$PHP_AppID = $_POST['appid'];

$handle = fopen("/tmp/ticket.txt", "w");
fwrite($handle, $PHP_ConnectionTicket."\n");
fwrite($handle, $PHP_AppData."\n");
fwrite($handle, $PHP_AppID."\n");

?>
Assuming that SSL is working properly, you will get a connection ticket, your app data, and the APP ID you registered in a file called ticket.txt (in tmp—make sure wherever you put it that you have proper rights).

Once you have this connection ticket you can start doing transactions.

To actually do test transactions we are going to need the ticket, the certificate and the key. For testing, we added the private key to the signed certificate to make things easier.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Total Posts:  65
Washington, DC

Everyone,

I will be finished coding the new Quickbooks Online Edition module tomorrow. I will need a lot of help testing, so anyone interested, please contact me.

I will start a thread soon for QBOE soon and notify here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

This is the thread for the Quickbooks Online Edition (QBOE) Module: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27110/

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

Hi evisboy:
I read your posts regarding the QBMS. I have one question before I install this on my store.

After my customer submits the order on Magento, will I be able to only authorize the credit card and then process it for example 60 days later (assuming that I don’t process it when they submit the order?) The reason for my question is that we sell products that sometimes are on backorder for couple months and we shouldn’t charge our customer until when it is ready to ship it out. We are using PayPal now, but they only allow us to authorize for 3 days.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

Well, QBMS also has a limit, specifically 15 days if I remember correctly.  Here is what I suggest:

<b>OPTION 1—requires code change to both Magento and my module</b>
1. Set up QBMS security settings to NOT require security code for transaction
2. Customer purchases product via Magento; this triggers an authorization request in QBMS ( default functionality of my module). Magento will also require the security code (although the security code is NOT analyzed by QBMS if you followed step 1); this step allows you to ensure CC is both valid and has funds at date of purchase.
3. Magento stores a hashed version of the credit card number—you also have billing address and CC expiration date. It does not store security code, hence step 1. When you backorder a product, you will notify the customer and give them the option to cancel (state law dictates this—check your state’s laws). Assuming the customer does not cancel their order, you can change both Magento and my QBMS module to trigger a SALE (auth+capture) upon a specified action (inventory changed to >0 for example) or add something to be able to do it manually from the backend.

<b>OPTION 2—requires code change to my module only but state law dictates if you can do this</b>
1. Purchases will trigger a SALE (auth+capture)--- you need to change the XML that my code generates to a SALE type transaction (read the QBMS SDK). NOTIFY people on the site if you know the purchase will be back-ordered
2. Since this is a sale, the client’s funds WILL BE CAPTURED. Some states, like California, require you to ship out products within 2 business days of a capture UNLESS the product is being manufactured (made to order). Again, check your state’s laws.

Option 2 is clearly the easiest option. You make a small change to my code to trigger a SALE—authorization and capture of funds, notify the client of the backorder, and ship out when it arrives. However, Option 1 is the “right” way of doing it and possibly the only way depending on your state.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

Thank you so much for your quick responce.
Is this compatible with Magento 1.2.1? I just upgraded to this version.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@Zadpro,

I’ve tested it with 1.1.6 but not with 1.2.1. I plan to upgrade my client’s site to 1.2.1 this month, so I will be testing and fixing. I will post updates here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jason099

Total Posts:  1

evisboy - 07 February 2009 02:19 PM

@Zadpro,

I’ve tested it with 1.1.6 but not with 1.2.1. I plan to upgrade my client’s site to 1.2.1 this month, so I will be testing and fixing. I will post updates here.

Hello,

Were you able to test this with 1.2.1 yet? I have it installed per your instructions and am able to enable or disable it via the System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced section of the Admin site, however have not seen it available anywhere else in the site.

Please forgive me if I have missed something along the way.

Thanks for your assistance,
Jason

** UPDATE - By some miracle, QBMS2 is now showing under System > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods.
I just upgraded to 1.2.1.1 tonight and had not seen this in 1.2.1.

Thanks for your help anyway! Also, hope this post is helpful to others asking the same question.
Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@Jason099

I have not tested yet, since I am working on upgrading my other modules for my client. I will keep everyone posted.

Were you able to register you store with quickbooks without too much difficulty?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jcusano

Total Posts:  2

I wasn’t able to find your QuickBooks Merchant Services payment module on here… Did they ultimately reject it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@jcusano,

Actually, I have not submitted it to Magento yet since I wanted to refine some functions. I did release the code via google code. I am busy at the moment with client work, so I will get to submitting QBMS and QBOE Online in April.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jcusano

Total Posts:  2

Excellent! I am currently developing a new site for our store on the Magento platform and really look forward to utilizing your QBMS payment module when it’s ready (though, I may even attempt to figure it out from your Google Code release.) We use QBMS for credit card transactions both in our physical location and on our website, and it’s handy having it all process in one place, but we ended up with a miserable Homestead Storefront ecommerce solution that is really just a re-branded version of eBay’s ProStores platform.

Thanks for sharing your work and making it open source, it is members like you that attracted me to this community. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@jcusano,

I revamped quite a bit of the code, so hold off until this next release. I am a sucker for flattery, so you just motivated me to get this out sooner than I would have! If you don’t hear from me by late next week, PM me or post here and I will send you the code.

Quickbooks requires app registration of your web store in order to work properly, as well as a proper SSL certificate for encryption. You may want to read up on my threads regarding this. At any rate, I would be more than happy to help set you up properly with QB servers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laxmann

Total Posts:  4

I also want to use QBMS system is there any module for sample how it works??

Magento Community
Magento Community

charl13dontsurf

Total Posts:  3

I’m extremely interested in seeing how this works as well.

Holding off on getting a merchant account with someone else

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community