Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 9
Payment Module - Quickbooks Merchant Services

craichead

Total Posts:  28
Greeley, CO

look forward to seeing this. Subscribed

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Probst

Total Posts:  1

Has this been posted yet? 

We really appreciate your work on this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Total Posts:  65
Washington, DC

Everyone: I have completed standardization and now need to package for magento. I have been side-tracked of late, but I hope to get it done before this Wed. If anyone is super pressed and needs this immediately, just PM me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

All,

The code is ready to be downloaded here: http://magentoqbms.googlecode.com.

I will post the Magento Connect link once the code has been submitted and accepted.

Make sure that you read the README for detailed information as there are some caveats and dependencies. Feel free to post here or on the google project any questions or doubts.

Suggestions are welcome as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

liamstask

Total Posts:  16

Great!  Thanks for releasing this, and looking forward to giving it a spin soon. 

One thing I didn’t see on your roadmap was packaging it for distribution via MagentoConnect.  Have you considered this?  I think it would be great to have migrations and upgrades taken care of in that framework.  Just a suggestion for the future smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

I’m very interested in the QB online version of this. Any update on when this will be available. I will definitely make a contribution if we can use it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@wsj3

I am working on it as we speak. Regarding ETA, it will most likely be 2 - 4 weeks depending on what is on my plate. PM me if you are seriously interested in making a contribution. I will send you the paypal info.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Portland, OR

Evisboy, do you know if Quickbooks online is integrated with Quickbooks Payment module?

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@wsj3

Quickbooks online is definitely not integrated with Quickbooks Merchant Services. Quickbooks online integration is a completely separate module which I am working on now. I anticipate completing it within a month.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Portland, OR

Sorry, I think I mis-stated my question. I meant does Quicken integrate Quickbooks online with the merchant card services. I have to assume this is the case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

Will,

QBMS is definitely incorporated into QBOE. Unfortunately, QBOE is really limited in so far as the transactions you can carry out, so for *nearly* full automation, you will need both modules installed in your magento site.

For example, say you need to add a credit memo. The QBMS module will create a credit memo for a client’s order while the QBOE module will add a Credit Memo to QBOE. The problem is that there is a disconnect since QBMS will have completed the money transfer (monies will actually change hands) while QBOE only contains the registration of the credit memo to Accounts Receivable. Someone will still need to finalize that transaction manually (by creating a debit from a bank account and a credit to the Accounts Receivable account). There is no way that I know of to have QBMS update QBOE with this info.

So, while they are linked, that fact does carry inherent limitations with regards to what we can actually accomplish.

I hope this makes sense. PM me if you’d like to chat via skype.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Portland, OR

I guess as long as the orders were pulled out of Magento and into QBOE, I wouldn’t need to reconcile with the QBMS? I just wanted to start using QBMS because it looks like a better deal than Paypal and I would have one place to go for order tracking/management. Regarding features that would be great to include with your QBOE integration, it would be great to be able to create a shipping label from the Magento order and have the shipping info passed electronically to the shipping company. Also, do you know if you can create a vendor purchase order within QBOE, so that you can order additional inventory when a threshold is reached?

Magento Community
Magento Community

timdorr

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for creating this. However, the setup process might be a bit daunting for most people. One thing that’s not clear is if I need to use the hosted or desktop security model. And if it’s the hosted model (I believe it is), what are the callback URLs that must be entered when registering.

Also, I’m at a loss as to the format of the .pem certificate file. I assume it’s Inuit’s CA + the signed cert + the key I generated. But some clarification would be helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evisboy

Washington, DC

@timdorr

I completely agree that there is a very steep learning curve with regards to QBMS and hosted apps. Unfortunately, there is not much that I can do about that other than help people get through it. I’ve started creating an article to walk people through setting up the server, registering the app, etc, but I have not gotten around to finishing it.

You will need to use the hosted mode—since magento is considered a hosted app. The callback urls are whatever you want them to be. ( I use https://www.domain.com/intuit.php). You just need to be sure that the correct handling code is in there and that SSL is set up correctly (do not use self-signed certificates, as it will definitely fail. You need to use valid CAs—like thawte or rapidshare).

The PEM is just the intuit signed cert + the key (or you can point to the key separately). However, the Intuit CA needs to be added as a trusted cert on your server.

PM me if you need more help and we can chat via messenger or skype.

Magento Community
Magento Community

timdorr

Total Posts:  3

Do I have to code something up for these callback URLs?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 9