Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Subtotals not being displayed. 

micahsheets

Total Posts:  2

I have upgraded to 1.1.6 and have fixed most of the problems in my custom template however the function

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('totals'); ?>

does not return any values so nothing is displayed above the proceed to checkout button.

I have looked at the newest default template and the function doesn’t seem to have changed. I have not edited any of the core files so I am not sure why this function doesn’t return anything. I also don’t get any errors messages.

Let me know if I need to upload or show more code to shed some light on this.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JenniferAslan

Total Posts:  20
Pacific Northwest

In the site he’s referring to above, the subtotals and totals are not displayed at the end of the checkout process (where you see the Place Order button) either. Also there is no list of items ordered and no subtotals or totals in the New Order email that’s generated by the site upon placing an order, even though this is in the email template:

{{var items_html}}

I do see the order totals when I view the order in the Admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I’ve noticed this, too. In fact the whole checkout area in general is screwed up now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cradossk

Total Posts:  16

I am too struggling with this atm. Vers. 1.1.6. Nothing changed in the template. Any ideas where that comes from?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cradossk

Total Posts:  16

Its looks like one of the custom modules caused the problems. I dont have the leisure to exactly pinpoint the source. I just kept those custom modules which are really necessery for me (termsandconditions, bankpayment).

Hope that helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community