Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Hosting for evaluation

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

we are offering totally free magento hosting, for evaluation purposes.

It includes free magento install, but is not intended for a production shop.

Please pm me for details.
It is not available from our site, only via this forum at the moment

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pandjarov

Total Posts:  2

When searching for a host for your Magento website, make sure you ask for important things such as PCI compliance, SSL certificates that are offered and whether there is free installation/upgrade support. Those things really matter when you own such store smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

pandjarov - 23 September 2009 05:11 AM

<< SiteGround’s self-promo post removed >>

I am sorry pandjarov but self-promotion and self-advertising is not allowed in the Magento forum.
Please keep this in mind and take note of what you post. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pandjarov

Total Posts:  2

Well, I actually did read the Terms of Use agreement and it was not prohibited. In addition having in mind the posts above I have placed my posting. I am not hiding that I am a SiteGround employee. If a forum moderator wants me to delete/edit this post, please PM me and I will take care of this ASAP.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Tampa, FL

pandjarov - 23 September 2009 08:35 AM

Well, I actually did read the Terms of Use agreement and it was not prohibited. In addition having in mind the posts above I have placed my posting. I am not hiding that I am a SiteGround employee. If a forum moderator wants me to delete/edit this post, please PM me and I will take care of this ASAP.

Well I guess you did not read the Forum Rules in the forum front page:-

No commercial advertising is permitted. Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vahan A.

Total Posts:  7
NY

I host a magento store with 1and1.com’s hosting package but I keep getting “memory not enough” types of errors randomly. I found out that they limit the memory per script to 40MB / php scripts (they said even dedicated servers have that much).

My programmer said that we would do need this to work on the server:  php_value memory_limit 128M. <-- Is that reasonable requirement? Please reply. Also, is there any hosting located in US with that much memory/script limit?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vrman

Total Posts:  1

I wanted to try out Magento so I installed it on my Godaddy shared hosting account....  but it’s running VERY slowly. So slow as to be unusable, even for testing purposes.

What to do....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Vahan A. - 02 October 2009 01:07 PM

I host a magento store with 1and1.com’s hosting package but I keep getting “memory not enough” types of errors randomly. I found out that they limit the memory per script to 40MB / php scripts (they said even dedicated servers have that much).

My programmer said that we would do need this to work on the server:  php_value memory_limit 128M. <-- Is that reasonable requirement? Please reply. Also, is there any hosting located in US with that much memory/script limit?

Thanks in advance.

Actually 64M should work fine for most situation, while 128M should be ideal for your usages.
I am not sure about the others but we do have 128M as a standard memory_limit.

vrman - 07 October 2009 12:18 PM

I wanted to try out Magento so I installed it on my Godaddy shared hosting account....  but it’s running VERY slowly. So slow as to be unusable, even for testing purposes.

What to do....

Well GoDaddy’s shared servers are normally overloaded with too many hosting accounts and they are not optimized for Magento or any other proper PHP applications to load speedily. Many clients switched over from them mainly due to this reason.

You may want to look for a provider which is more optimized for Magento Commerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sean US

Total Posts:  58

Just be careful if you go with Simple Helix,
they are inexpensive and very easy to use, but their support sucks. I had this problem with them, for the longest time everything was going good and all of a sudden their support is very slow and did not fix anything. They don’t even read the ticket history.

Problem resolved, It took them a while to respond, plus they where not clear, but problem is resolved. Thank you Simplehelix

Magento Community
Magento Community

rochuang

Total Posts:  5

simpleservers - 17 July 2009 11:36 PM

we are offering totally free magento hosting, for evaluation purposes.

It includes free magento install, but is not intended for a production shop.

Please pm me for details.
It is not available from our site, only via this forum at the moment

Hi how do I get free hosting from you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Floyd21

I tried many different hosting companies and had to use the 30-day Guarantee to cancel them all except for Simple Helix. They have the fastest and most consumer-friendly hosting I’ve experienced yet. My site, www.btiffny.com, is hosted by them...you can check it out and see.

Regards

Floyd

____
dossier surendettement

Magento Community
Magento Community

Master Jrock

Total Posts:  7
Los Angeles, California

Floyd21 - 21 October 2009 06:20 PM

I tried many different hosting companies and had to use the 30-day Guarantee to cancel them all except for Simple Helix. They have the fastest and most consumer-friendly hosting I’ve experienced yet. My site, www.btiffny.com, is hosted by them...you can check it out and see.

Regards

Floyd

____
dossier surendettement

hi, floyd21 pardon me asking you, how many items do you have in your website and what hosting plan is this? just checking - ‘coz you might be one of their employees endorsing this website too much. I’m desperately seeking a good magento hosting to stick with. There’s too much effort on switching host to another. I’m getting tired of it. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

siteground.com has hosting 3.95/month

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwardtilbury

Total Posts:  66
Las Vegas, Nevada

bolasevich - 27 November 2009 07:32 AM

siteground.com has hosting 3.95/month

Site charged me over DOUBLE the 3.95 rate, when they automatically renewed a 1 MONTH account for a whole YEAR! TOTAL RIP OFF..

Site Ground is a shady company, I can’t believe they would do this, then they said they won’t give me a refund..

When I had godaddy, I called (which is something SG doesn’t allow) and canceled my account and got full refund, no BS, Site ground is a different story… Thieves..

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex_m

I had a bad experience with elief hosting: first 3 weeks were fine, then every day my site was down every day for 45 minutes…
I moved to HostMonster, they are really good!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community