Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 10
Magento Hosting for evaluation

Kerry Hatcher

Total Posts:  96
Macon, GA

port23user - 03 September 2008 02:37 PM

I use HostGator right now but I’m looking to move to SliceHost.  Has anybody had any experience with them?  Care to tell?

Never even heard of them…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

port23user

Total Posts:  19

I will suggest you to search for their legitimate reviews at places like HostJury, WebHostingTalk, RatePoint, etc. This will give you a better outlook on how their clients thinks about the company.

Oops.  I didn’t articulate my thought very well.  I would like to know peoples’ experiences with using Magento on Slicehost; not so much peoples’ opinions on the host.  You’re right--that can be found all over the web.  But I haven’t found anybody really talk about how well Magento performed on Slicehost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

curiousEngine

Total Posts:  12
Mauritius

Pikkat Hosting

anybody has tried pikkat hosting? http://www.pikkat.com/
The host provider appears to be weird.
Got an undelivered mail at info@pikkat.com

Is this a rogue Magento Hosting Provider?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

port23user: ask them to provide you with a demo store, then you can check the performance yourself. I would hesitate to buy Magento hosting without testing their speed first. A host that is fast for some people might not appear fast to you, so do not only rely on other peoples reviews.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Also make sure that they are not just a reseller of other host, as if that is the case, you are better off going straight to the upstream provider. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

antonioapisa

Total Posts:  10
Pisa, Italy

I tried Final Solution Hosting

It’s optimized for Magento and it has two important properties: is Safe and Cheap

Have u ever tried??

contact them and tell me your opinion!!

ciaoo

Magento Community
Magento Community

walltoolsllc

Total Posts:  146

Beware of too cheap, depending on what you are needing the hosting for.  I’ve been on a shared box at incipio.ws for years.  I’ve ran website that did over 10 million in annual sales and saw the server go down for less than 1 hour two times in over 4 years.  I think I paying $40 per month for like 25 domains?  I just set up another account with SimpleHelix because of they claim to be the fastest PHP5 host and have an auto-installer for Magento.  I’ve got my Magento site up on SimpleHelix now, but the server has crashed twice in the last 2 days - an hour and a half yesterday, and three hours today (as of right now).  I can’t plan to launch a high traffic site if the server is crashing daily.  If anyone has been running a high traffic site on a Max Plan at SimpleHelix, please let me know their track record.  I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I need some convincing.  Or, if you know of a really reliable host that has similar instrallatron features, let me know.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BAL614

Total Posts:  6

I found this site on Squidoo to be helpful with comparisons for hosting. There’s also a couple promos on there too (at least when I used it there was). The site is squidoo.com/magentohosting. Hope that helps…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

BAL614: Please stop spamming your affiliate links on these forums.. You have been reported.

Magento Community
Magento Community

helpinghandhost

Total Posts:  171

Hi,

We have a wide range of Magento Optimized plans from our budget shared hosting plans, to managed VPS(Virtual Private servers) and managed dedicated servers.

Please search on these forums for reviews of our hosting and service.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrowan

Total Posts:  46
Dallas, TX

You can also add our company to the list, our hosting services are highly optimized with LiteSpeed and RAID-10 disk arrays. You can visit us at http://www.elief.com/.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sphiatt

Total Posts:  8

I would recommend people steer clear of SimpleHelix.  We have had our site hosted with them (www.maydaygames.com) for a while now and it ran fine for a few months.  In the last 90 days our site has been down at least 10 times for no reason.  After being down for 4+ hours on 5/11 it went down again on 5/12 at 1 AM and has been down ever since.  Yes 36 hours of being down and still not back up.  We will be switching to another host in a few days.  Not worth the risk IMHO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Seth I can only apologize for the recent issues.  If you had a ticket open you got a pretty detailed timeline of what happened and why, bottom line was our backup system didn’t work as advertised.  Ultimately it was our fault, we didn’t test the software we just figured it worked.  I have since did more testing and while I’m not happy with it I have figured out how to at least make it perform “kinda acceptably” I’d be all ears if someone knew of something that is better than r1soft.

I know you’re not happy with us, and I can only hope you have better luck with your next host.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skeptical

Total Posts:  34

I’ve re-launched TopCities.com with free Magento hosting, if anyone wants to give that a try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zagzag

Total Posts:  7

I`m using a2hosting.com and I`m very happy with them. So far they respond fast to my tickets and I can use some of these free tools for promoting my site. For now I`ll stick to them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 10