Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Hosting for evaluation

charleneparker

Total Posts:  3

geekcu - 15 September 2010 08:37 PM

HELP!!!! I feel my shopping cart loading speed very slow!!!!!!
Currently, it is running Magento. My hosting provider is Nexcess.com, who is good for running Magento. but I fell their speed slow. Could you help me test my website’s loading speed?

my website: http://www.cndigit.com

No kidding it’s super slow. That’s what you’ve got from Nexcess? I can totally rule it out from my list.

Why it seems like every host will eventually have a lot of problems…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kammalou

Total Posts:  285
Denmark

Yes,

Nearly 4 seconds for initial page loaded from the netherlands:

Server Software:  Apache
Server Hostname:  www.cndigit.com
Server Port:  80

Document Path:  /
Document Length:  61066 bytes

Concurrency Level:  1
Time taken for tests:  3.863213 seconds
Complete requests:  1

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Currently, it is running Magento. My hosting provider is Nexcess.com, who is good for running Magento. but I fell their speed slow. Could you help me test my website’s loading speed?

Your site is running fine right now but I hate to tell you this but your hosting provider is NOT nexcess.net but simplehelix.com as per your WhoIS.

Name Servers:
cp3.simplehelix.com
cp4.simplehelix.com
cp5.simplehelix.com

For the WhoIS information, please see attached picture.

Image Attachments
whoislookup.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

kab8609 - 20 September 2010 12:41 PM

Your site is running fine right now but I hate to tell you this but your hosting provider is NOT nexcess.net but simplehelix.com as per your WhoIS.

Name Servers:
cp3.simplehelix.com
cp4.simplehelix.com
cp5.simplehelix.com

For the people that didn’t check the WhoIS information, please see attached picture.

It looks like they have just moved to SimpleHelix very recently. They were indeed with Nexcess.net which is when the site was loading very slowly.

P/S: If you check now DomainTools is still even caching the old server under the domain’s “Server Stats”: http://whois.domaintools.com/cndigit.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Haha, did some research…

April 4 - DNS Info was changed to nexcess.net
September 16 1:37am - geekcu posted his comment
September 20 2:32pm - DNS Info was to simplehelix.com
September 20 5:41pm - KAB8609 posted his comment

I wonder what Nexcess had to say about the slowdown.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Total Posts:  137
Houston

I am with Nexcess and have had absolutely no issues. They answer support tickets in less than 15 minutes and implement my requests immediately. Our site is currently in production, but it is always blazing fast. I get >1 second load times from everywhere except China.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentohostinfo

Total Posts:  20

As a few have mentioned, hosting reviews can be very subjective.  We provide a list of live and demo Magento stores running at various popular hosts.  This allows you to see the performance of a real store running at a hosting company you may be interested in.  Don’t rely on the subjective opinions/reviews of others or on official demo stores that may or may not be running on a host’s standard hardware. Check out our live and demo store list at http://www.MagentoHost.Info and decide for yourself!

Magento Community
Magento Community

wataboy75

Total Posts:  3

edwardtilbury - 28 November 2009 12:02 PM

bolasevich - 27 November 2009 07:32 AM
siteground.com has hosting 3.95/month

Site charged me over DOUBLE the 3.95 rate, when they automatically renewed a 1 MONTH account for a whole YEAR! TOTAL RIP OFF..

Site Ground is a shady company, I can’t believe they would do this, then they said they won’t give me a refund..

When I had godaddy, I called (which is something SG doesn’t allow) and canceled my account and got full refund, no BS, Site ground is a different story… Thieves..

I made the mistake of using Siteground.  They are SO SHADY. This is why....

1) Premium Paid Customer Support> Yes, they respond quicker, but don’t actually help, just point you to a tutorial that doesn’t help, and then close the ticket. Not only tat but they can be very rude.

2) Paid Daily back-ups service> They don’t tell you that you have no access to the back-ups and after the first restore, you have to pay like $60 for them to do it.  What’s the point of back-ups if you have no access to it?

3) Generally, they are set up to cause you nothing but grief. What you save with the cheap hosting service you pay for exponentially in other ways.

Bottom line, Siteground=Shady x10

Magento Community
Magento Community

grazzt

Total Posts:  106

STAY AWAY FROM SITEGROUND!!

They automatically renew subscriptions without any notice, they are slow, timeouts in product exports...overall very bad. Don’t waste your money with them!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

grazzt - 14 February 2011 01:36 PM

STAY AWAY FROM SITEGROUND!!

They automatically renew subscriptions without any notice, they are slow, timeouts in product exports...overall very bad. Don’t waste your money with them!!

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with them. How long have you been with them?

Also, did you provide your credit card to them or created a PayPal Subscription? These are the most common reasons for the hosting to be renewed automatically.

You may try to contact them to ask them about the reason for the renewal and check with them whether you can obtain a refund and cancel with them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zivsirotin

Total Posts:  2

there are too many options , for me it’s also very har to choose the best one...smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

zivsirotin

Total Posts:  2

[size=1]there are too many options , for me it\’s also very har to choose the best one...smile[/size]

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

You can google the review of the company you wish to select… also try to contact them on chat or email to check there support activities.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mohamed Elkhouly

Total Posts:  7
Dubai , United Arab Emirates

Check Magenting.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicedayvince

Total Posts:  56

mogbroke - 05 March 2008 12:00 PM

www.hostgator.com is what i use. They have awesome support and a great support site. I use magento on it with zero issues.

I am currently running Magento on Host Gator also. I have a resellers account and my site is running really slow. What package do you use? Is the speed of Magento good on that package?

Can anyone tell me what is the cheapest HostGator package that will run Magento stores nice and quick? I want to put a lot of stores on my account. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community