Magento Forum

Using Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1 with Magento…

Kjarnakall

Total Posts:  27
Iceland

Hi

Since I started working on my Magento site, mostly modifying files to suit my needs, I have been using “gedit” and havent had any problems so far. But since Im just picking up PHP I figured I should use a tool to make my life easier.

My choice is Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1 since I read somewhere that the Magento team likes it, Zend framework and all, but… I cant figure out how I can utilize it with Magento rasberry

Lets say that Im going to make a new module, how can I set up ZS4E so it knows what classes, functions etc. Im working with?

Or, basically, how can I set up Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1 to work with Magento?

TIA

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Hmm, noone interested in this? Everybody got it figured out? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Prattski

Total Posts:  54

I’m interested as well - if anyone cares to post.  All I use is TextMate - just a text editor.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Good, there must be more out there… I just hope someone finds the time to put a few lines in a post to help out.  wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Magento might not follow Zend’s format strictly enough to use with Zend Framework. Esp since it extends on Zend framework pretty extensively. I’m not positive about this though rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrn

Total Posts:  33

There are 2 versions of Zend Studio for Eclipse. Basic and Proffessional one. Only the later comes with extensive support for Zend Framework.
The basic one will give you code auto completion, static analysis, basic refactoring ect., but it does not have the option to “Setup a Magento Module” automatically. You would need to implement it on your own (and it’s not that trivial). The Pro version also does not have any Magento related wizards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Well, for example, how would I make my Magento installation a project in ZS4E?

What I tried to do was to make a simple prjoect. Imported my magento installation as a remote directory but when I open a module controller that extends an abstract class, the debugger would say that class doesnt exist.

I know, I missing alot of steps, but even though Im sure I would eventually find out how to do things, I just dont know how much time it would take and there for Im sticking to the things I know. :(

It would help me alot and other people also if someone would post a guide or tips how to set it up.

TIA

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community