Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After upgrade, can’t apply Modern theme to catalog pages

David Weingart

Total Posts:  5

I upgraded my test instance of Magento from 1.0 to 1.1, but I can’t get it to apply the modern theme to my catalog pages.

I’ve had a lot of trouble with the Downloader, so I upgraded by installing the 1.1 tarball over my existing database, which seemed to work just fine. My attempts to upgrade using the Downloader all ended with database errors. I then downloaded the latest modern theme package using pear, but installed it manually (again, due to the issues I’ve had with the downloader).

The problem I’m having is that I’ve specified the modern theme in every place in the config that I can think of, but the catalog pages are still using the default theme. The home page uses modern, and the 404 pages uses modern, but the catalog pages do not.

I have verified that the categories are not using a custom page design (in fact, if I set modern as a custom design on the category level it works). I’ve disabled cache, cleared the browser cache, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I can’t figure out why it’s happening. I had no trouble at all doing this with 1.0.

Thanks!

-dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pietrosld

Total Posts:  6

i have the same problem, did you found a solution ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community