Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Merging Layered and Category Navigation

burt

Total Posts:  31

Hi there,

I was wondering how it is possible to merge layered navigation and the category-navigation.
Let’s say I have a couple of categories like e.g. Shirts/Pants/Shoes/…
and every products has an attribute which determines whether it is “Girls” or “Men”.

So I now would like to have a top-bar-navigation with the two main buttons “Girls” and “Men”.
On rollover there should be drop-down-lists for each of the two stating the categories Shirts/Pants/Shoes/…

By clicking “Girls>Shirts” for example only shirts with the attribute “Girls” are supposed to be shown.
You see were this is going …

I know there is a workaround by “Girls” and “Men” being the main-categories and have the sub-categories doubled.
But I think this way the structure would be more clean and there is no double-content.
I also think this could be interesting for lots of other shops too.

So please help me out here.
Thanks a lot.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community