Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Product won’t show in “Search Results” if added to any category

doughboy

Total Posts:  55

Running 1.4.01.

We have created our category structure and now trying to get the product options created like we want them so we can mass import all of our products.

The problem is that any new product we create will NOT show up using the “search box” if you assign the item to any category or sub-category?  I have tried everything I can and have poured thru the forum but can’t find the solution to this problem

As long as the product is not assigned to any category, then it will show up fine.  any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dns

Total Posts:  8

I got the same problem.
When i search on the meta of my products than i won’t find anything…

Plss help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dns

I got it !

If you a still strungle with it pm me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hobocalls

DNS pls post your solution here.  There just might be someone else having the same problem and the forum is pretty much the only place that offers any help, negligible as it may be… And, yes, I am having the same problem with stuff not coming up. :/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dns

Go into the back-end to System -> Configuration -> Catalog (Left menu, Sub menu) -> Catalog Search -> And set “Search type” on Combine (Like and Fulltext)

That’s what i did and it fixed my problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hobocalls

Thanks so much!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

It is possible that you need something like this extension Sphinx Search Ultimate http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/sphinx-search-ultimate.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

It is possible that you need something like this extension Sphinx Search Ultimate http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/sphinx-search-ultimate.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community