Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[ERROR] Upgrading Magento 1.0.19870.4 to 1.1.6

JesseStewart

Total Posts:  82
Salt Lake City, Utah

This is copy of another thread.

scma - 12 August 2008 03:23 AM

Hi,

with these steps i have upgraded from 1.0.9870 to 1.1.2:
1. magento-core/Mage_All_Latest --> Install --> Refresh
2. Select all upgradable Extensions --> Clear all Sessions --> Commit --> Refresh
3. F5 in Firefox (the most package-versions are now 1.1.1, why?)
4. once again: magento-core/Mage_All_Latest --> Install --> Refresh (now i can see in the command-line the version 1.1.2)

After this steps, when i refresh my firefox to see the changes, this error message is displayed in all frontends:

Error in file"/var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.40-0.7.41.php" Wrong attribute group ID
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(280): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(172): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.40', '0.7.50')
#2 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(139): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.40', '0.7.50')
#3 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(114): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(230): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /var/www/app/Mage.php(397): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /var/www/app/Mage.php(416): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /var/www/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

I also tried to download the file magento-1.1.2.tar.bz2 and overwrite all the existent files, but the error ist the same.
What is my problem (except my English wink )?
Many thanks in advance and greetings from germany.

Markus

I experienced the same issue and have been working with the awesome support team Crucial Web Hosting to find a solution. We have a magento 1.0.19870.4 installation with a populated database. We need to upgrade Magento 1.0.1 to Magento 1.1.6.

My first attempts were unsuccessful.

Kyle at Crucial made a copy of the site one of their Magento Containers and had it running; which is more that the current ‘budget’ hosting company can say, which currently runs Magento 1.0 like a blimp of bricks.

When he attempted to update… I’ll just let him talk.

Kyle at Crucial -

I’m currently archiving the entire public_html directory on the other server, along with a dump file of the database. I’ll SCP that over to our servers and we’ll try and get that running without upgrading it. If we can get it up and running on this server, then we’ll make a site backup as a restore point and attempt to upgrade Magento. I will update this ticket with any progress I make.

Kyle at Crucial -

Well, I’ve tried to upgrade Magento from SSH and Magento Connect. After I ugprade it, I get that error about the wrong group attribute ID. I’ve reverted your account back to the restore point where it was working again.

After looking at your files and comparing them with Magento 1.0.19870.4, some things aren’t there. I will attempt to install that version of Magento (clean) and import your database on top of that so we have a working, up to date 1.0.19870.4 version. Then we can try to upgrade.

Crucial - 1
Jesse - 0

Kyle at Crucial -

I was able to download the same version of Magento that was running and get the site up, but was still unable to update it. I’ve restored your account back, and is currently running on our servers.

I’ve attached the error that Magento spits out after an upgrade is performed and you try to access the index page.

and,

Mage_Eav_Exception Object
(
[_messages:protected] => Array
(
)

[message:protected] => Wrong attribute group ID
[string:private] =>
[code:protected] => 0
[file:protected] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/Mage.php
[line:protected] => 394
[trace:private] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Setup.php
[line] => 302
[function] => exception
[class] => Mage
[type] => ::
[args] => Array
(
[0] => Mage_Eav
[1] => Wrong attribute group ID
)

)

[1] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Setup.php
[line] => 502
[function] => getAttributeGroupId
[class] => Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Setup
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => 4
[1] => 49
[2] => General
)

)

[2] => Array
(
[line] => 370
[function] => addAttributeToSet
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => 4
[1] => 49
[2] => Design
[3] => options_container
[4] =>
)

)

[3] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.40-0.7.41.php
[line] => 55
[function] => addAttribute
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => catalog_product
[1] => options_container
[2] => Array
(
[group] => Design
[type] => varchar
[backend] =>
[frontend] =>
[label] => Display product options in
[input] => select
[class] =>
[source] => catalog/entity_product_attribute_design_options_container
[global] => 0
[visible] => 1
[required] =>
[user_defined] =>
[default] => container2
[searchable] =>
[filterable] =>
[comparable] =>
[visible_on_front] =>
[visible_in_advanced_search] =>
[unique] =>
)

)

)

[4] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php
[line] => 268
[args] => Array
(
[0] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.40-0.7.41.php
)

[function] => include
)

[5] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php
[line] => 178
[function] => _modifyResourceDb
[class] => Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => upgrade
[1] => 0.7.40
[2] => 0.7.52
)

)

[6] => Array
(
[line] => 145
[function] => _upgradeResourceDb
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => 0.7.40
[1] => 0.7.52
)

)

[7] => Array
(
[line] => 120
[function] => applyUpdates
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
)

)

[8] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php
[line] => 215
[function] => applyAllUpdates
[args] => Array
(
)

)

[9] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php
[line] => 236
[function] => init
[class] => Mage_Core_Model_Config
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
)

)

)

[10] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/Mage.php
[line] => 424
[function] => init
[class] => Mage_Core_Model_App
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] =>
[1] => store
[2] => Array
(
)

)

)

[11] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/app/Mage.php
[line] => 443
[function] => app
[class] => Mage
[args] => Array
(
[0] =>
[1] => store
[2] => Array
(
)

)

)

[12] => Array
(
[file] => /home/softecom/public_html/index.php
[line] => 46
[function] => run
[class] => Mage
[args] => Array
(
)

)

)

)
Error in file: “/home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.40-0.7.41.php” - Wrong attribute group ID

#0 /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.40’, ‘0.7.52’)
#2 /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.40’, ‘0.7.52’)
#3 /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/softecom/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(236): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/softecom/public_html/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/softecom/public_html/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/softecom/public_html/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

scma

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

After looking at your files and comparing them with Magento 1.0.19870.4, some things aren’t there.

Thats not the Problem, because Magento changed the database and files from version 1.0.9870 to 1.1.2.

its look like my problem. I solved this (at least for me wink ).
Just looking back on my thread:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14762/

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Total Posts:  82
Salt Lake City, Utah

I did not know about the incremental upgrade thing actually. I will look into that a bit more and try to update Magento again. It’s definitely something that needs to be fixed, otherwise you’ll never be able to upgrade Magento again :( That, and the current version is a beta if I’m not mistaken, so we really want to be on the latest and greatest.

Thank you for creating a new thread and for the kind words regarding our support. We really do appreciate that! I’ve subscribed to the thread and will continue to follow it unless I can get Magento upgraded.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, I’ll look at the incremental upgrade and see if I can get that working. I will update this ticket when I can.

Hello Jesse,

I was able to upgrade to 1.1.0, but the issue still exists. Michael would be the guy who would know what to do here, since he helped someone else out regarding this attribute thing. That’s ultimately what the issue is. I’ve restored your site back to its working condition.

I guess all we can do is wait for a response right now. This is above my head as far as Magento goes because it requires an understanding of the database structure and EAV for Magento, something I’m not familiar with. To make matters worse, we’re dealing with a beta version of Magento. If you don’t receive a response in 3-5 days, I’ll see if I can get a response from Varien about this.

I guess all we can do is wait for a response right now. This is above my head as far as Magento goes because it requires an understanding of the database structure and EAV for Magento, something I’m not familiar with. To make matters worse, we’re dealing with a beta version of Magento. If you don’t receive a response in 3-5 days, I’ll see if I can get a response from Varien about this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community