Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Admin Cache problem in last version 1.1.6 ! related products, up-sells, cross-sells or bundle products doesn’t save the selections. 

basty

Total Posts:  16
North-Germany

@IrishC:
1) Backup your Shopfolder and the database.
2) Download the 1.1.6 version
3) Extract the downloaded Magento-Package into your shopfolder (copy-replace)
4) Ready! smile
You dont need to copy back the local.xml configfile from the backup or something…
Also it seems, that no changes on the database are required.

Thx @ Mike!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

ANDI222 - 12 October 2008 05:45 AM

I think it is not necesary to upload all 1.6 files.

I am thinking about some admin area files. Can anyone confirm and tell us wich files are needed without rewriting the entire instalation?

Thanks for all help given until now!

Download the full 1.1.6 version of Magento - NOT THE INSTALLER.
Backup your existing files and database
Extract the Magento 1.1.6 installation into the same directory you’re using for your existing installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDI222

Total Posts:  41

I solved the problem following the instruction in this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18000/ !

I just copied magento-core/Mage_All_Latest in the Magento Connect Manager and it works perfect now.

Please let me know if it solves the problem for the rest of you!

Thanks to all involved in this! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

Yeah that worked for me too.  Had to redo a few modifications I made but thankfully its all working again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

Total Posts:  87

i did a clean install for 1.1.6 and the related products are not working i have the magento-core/Mage_All_Latest installed but still no luck
my temp url is http://office.simplehelix.com/

can someone help???????????

Magento Community
Magento Community

EYEMAGINE

Total Posts:  35
Irvine, CA

I can’t reposition products within the category, either.  When I submit, I don’t get any errors, the page just doesn’t change.

I tried re-installing the magento-core/Mage_All_Latest package, using the downloader, but it didn’t fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

flufftronix

Total Posts:  45
Philly, PA

This problem exists in 1.1.7 as well. My admin section currently doesn’t seem to be registering any changes I make to site configuration or pages—this is all I’ve checked so far. I just used Magento Connect to reinstall everything; problem’s still there. Not so good as I was nearing the final stages of work on this site and it’s due to launch by the weekend. If nothing comes up tomorrow I’ll have to do a reinstall from scratch and restore all my settings, I’d really prefer not to spend time on this. Any ideas anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

flufftronix

Total Posts:  45
Philly, PA

Turned out this problem only cropped up for me while I was setting up the iPhone theme, for some reason. Decided it wasn’t worth it to implement and untarred a fresh install, which had been working fine since then. Now all of a sudden the admin section isn’t displaying updates after I modify CMS pages, despite their changing in the database and on the front end. I can work from phpMyAdmin for now, but shouldn’t have to.. what’s going on here?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2