Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Admin Cache problem in last version 1.1.6 ! related products, up-sells, cross-sells or bundle products doesn’t save the selections. 

ANDI222

Total Posts:  41

Hello,

I have a problem in last version 1.1.6 !

In the admin section when I try to select and save something in the related products, up-sells, cross-sells or bundle products nothing happens!

It doesn’t save the selections!

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Maturin

Total Posts:  22

Same here, I downgraded to 1.1.5 meanwhile.

This problem showed in two test-installations of mine, as well as in the official demo-store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDI222

Can anyone help us please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

I can confirm this is the case in my installation of 1.1.6 as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chay

Total Posts:  4

Also… Updating product position within a category and clicking ‘Save Category’ results in the new product positions not being saved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDI222

Can anyone help us please?

No admin here ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gui
Guru

Total Posts:  588

I checked these: related products, up-sells

And updating works without problems for me on 1.1.6.  I have upgraded using the upgrade function in Magento Connect with the checkbox “clear all session” ticked.

I take it you allready tried clearing the cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDI222

Hi Gui,

First of all thanks for trying to help up but it doesn’t work!

I have updated the same way you before! With Magento Connect!

Also I cleared the cache but with no results!

Any ideas? Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

basty

Total Posts:  16
North-Germany

Have the same problem i think. The ConnectionManager shows, that the 1.1.6 Modules are installed.
But when i login to my shop-admin-area, in the footer i see “Magento Version 1.1.3”.

What should i do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Have you installed the latest update for Admin in Magneto Connect? Magento core and admin are separate packages; if you installed one but not the other it could explain the discrepancy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

basty

North-Germany

Yes, i installed all lates/highest versions (see screenshot). The ConnectionManager said: “No updates available”, so i think all versions a the newest one.

PS: I´ve also deleted the cache-files manualy…

Image Attachments
magento116.GIF

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

It seems as if the upgrade process didn’t work properly on your system - and from the sound of it, not on some other people’s systems. I had a similar problem with the 1.1.6 upgrade. The solution was not to pull my hair out trying to fix it; instead, I performed a full 1.1.6 installation on top of my existing installation. This may not be an acceptable solution for everyone, but it worked for me. Of course, take the usual precaution of backing everything up - including the database, just to protect yourself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

basty

North-Germany

You mean, i should take a clean and fresh downloaded 1.1.6 version of magento and copy/replace it over the existing shopfolder?

Okay, but i dont know which files magento modified (i know only the config.xml ore something...). So, after the “hand-maked-update” maybe its work, when i copy back the config file from the backup?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

app/etc/local.xml is where the database information is stored. It should not be overwritten by a new Magneto installation and, anyway, you will be backing up first, so you can recover it, if necessary. Have you modified any of the core Magento files or the default or modern templates? If so, those modifications will be lost.

Remember, do NOT remove the old Magento install; perform a new installation ON TOP of the current installation, but under no circumstances do it without having already backed up your files and database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Mike can you explain whats entailed in performing an installation ON TOP of the current one?  I’m having this problem too and its driving me insane - it was all working in 1.1.4 before I upgraded.

How do I do an install on top of my current one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDI222

I think it is not necesary to upload all 1.6 files.

I am thinking about some admin area files. Can anyone confirm and tell us wich files are needed without rewriting the entire instalation?

Thanks for all help given until now!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2