Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Role Resources Tree Doesn’t Appear

Ehab Hassan

Total Posts:  1

Hi,
I have a problem while i’m trying to set the role resources in the permissions area.
When i choose custom resource access, the label “Resources” only appears, but the tree doesn’t appear. I’m installing Magento v1.1.6 with the samples data and i tried both IE v7 and Firefox v2 browsers.
I really couldn’t figure out the problem and i really need help.

Image Attachments
screenshot.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mad Martigan

Total Posts:  44
Medford, OR USA

Bump....

I’m seeing this also.  Trying to track it down....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mad Martigan

Total Posts:  44
Medford, OR USA

Found the problem.  Apparently some extensions from “Magento Connect” can keep the resource list from showing.  To diagnose; I temporarily renamed all of the community “???.xml” files (located in app/etc/modules/*) to some other name.  Then I reloaded the backend and Viaola!  resources where there. 

I think I also tracked it down to these lines in the config files....

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
    <
resources>
        <
all>
            <
title>Allow Everything</title>
        </
all>
     <
resources>
</
config>

If the resources are not specified in community modules the tree will fail to show.  Not sure why, but I think this may be related to the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community