Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help me decipher this template system

nivekiam

Total Posts:  30

I found this is in 2columns-right.phtml.

<!-- [start] global messages -->

<?=$this->getChildHtml('global_messages')?>
<!-- [end] global messages -->
I found what I think was a corresponding line in main.xml, but can’t for the life of me figure out what file that is calling.  I’ve dug all over the admin section and can’t see anywhere you’d set “global messages” from the admin interface.

Did I just happen to choose something that’s not yet implemented?  I tried creating the file frontend//default/default/template/core/messages.phtml and editing main.xml to change:

<block type="core/messages" name="global_messages" as="global_messages"/>

to this

<block type="core/messages" name="global_messages" as="global_messages" template="core/messages/messages.phtml"/>

That didn’t seem to do anything either.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Kevin,

<block type="core/messages"
calls app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Messages.php

You can look into getHtml() and getGroupedHtml() methods in that class for details.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community