Magento Forum

New Products still show after New to Date was changed

kharri1073

Total Posts:  3

I’m having an issue with new products still showing on the home page past their new product date. I set several new products to…

Set Product as New from Date = 09/ 1/08
and
Set Product as New to Date = 10/31/08

I then changed my mind and I set the Set Product as New to Date to 09/ 2/08. I figured that this would remove the “New Product” from the home page. It did not as the product still stayed on the home page.

I then tried to remove the New From Date and the New to Date. I clicked save and went back into the product. The setting remained for New from Date (09/ 1/08) but the New to Date was removed. I figured this would remove the product from the new product section on the home page. Still no luck with removing it from the home page.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any idea on how to fix it?

I’m using 1.1.6, I upgraded from 1.1.5 which was upgraded from 1.1.1.

the site in question is http://www.retaillabelsolutions.com/magento/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

artmechanix

Total Posts:  39

1.  Try either to refresh your Cache in Admin - >Configuration -> Cache Management.  I’m fairly new to Magento and noticed that sometimes some pages will not show the changes you have made until you have refreshed the cache.

2.  The other thing to try is to go in to CMS, and then click on the page which represents your home page.  From there, either in the General Information or in the Custom Design, look for code like this:

<reference name="content">
<
block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page"/>
</
reference>

For your case, you might want to try deleting the block call, re-load without it, and then try putting the code back in there again to see if it resets the new products behavior.  But I’m feeling that you might only need a cache refresh.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community