Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

problem saving category with 2000+ products

PiDiBi

Total Posts:  1

Hi, I’m not able to save category with 2219 products (all are simple products combined into 3 configurable products). I imported these products via XML and will change display mode of category to “static page and products”
after clicking “save category” it will hook on “please wait”

my magento version is 1.1.6
thanx for answer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

artmechanix

Total Posts:  39

This happens to me, manually, as well, even when I had just added two products.

If you do a search, you’ll find that this is a common problem, that many of us are struggling to figure out.  Well, all that I’d come across are talking about imports, where I just posted a few days ago that this was happening with manual creation of just a few products, but have not received any response.

In the import-related threads, some have offered up solutions, that appear to be for earlier versions of Magento, as it did not help eliminate the “Please Wait” hang-up.  From all the threads I’ve read, there appears not to be any official response from Magento regarding this, at this time.  Just so you don’t end up pulling your hair out, all that I can recommend is to search for the other threads and hope a user stumbles across a fix for the current version.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community