Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Interfaces

Bjarke_100

Total Posts:  34

Is there a guide to building an interface somewhere?? I have read the complete guide for designers, but it doesnt say much about interfaces, except that they are there.

What im a little confused about is what files is needed in a new interface. Is it just ALL the files from the blank theme, so I can “only” modify those files in a new interface..

Well im a little confused, hope someone can help me out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

Bjarke: This wiki article may be useful http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/basic_magento_directory_overview smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bjarke_100

Total Posts:  34

Yes, it explains some.. But I dont think it explains how to make a new interface from scratch.. Without starting with the the default interface.

So what im basicly asking is if all the files in the default interface are needed?? I know the libraries are needed, but is the files?? A comprehensive guide to interfaces/themes is needed I think. And a definition of all the calls you can make from your phtml files.. f.x. getChildHtml.. What is the parameters it takes? And are there other calls you can make..

hope you get the drift.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community