Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Remove Character limit on postings! 

Phliplip

Total Posts:  46
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi,

Please remove the 6000 chars limit on the postings excaim

I were writing a new topic about my installation problem and in spirit of How to report a problem in this forum, i was being quite thorough. First wrote an introduction to my problem, then the complete process how i got the error. Then the complete configuration of my current webserver.

Then wanted to paste the error in some code-tags above my configuration. Now only half the error message gets in, and my complete configuration which i used quite some time to perfect is gone! CTRL+Z you say? Nay, since javascript was used to shorten the message back to 6000 chars thats no go!

So please remove the 6000 chars limit, or change the javascript in a way that i don’t discards text. A solution could be the following. If message is more that 6000 chars, the ‘Characters’-counter goes negative (probably red). And you are not allowed to submit before its back under 6000 chars. Now you have time to shorten, refrase, split (Backup!!) your message!

I will now go get some breakfast - let out some steam, then come back and start all over again.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Philip

PS. should have written som more, i got 4706 chars left oh oh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Done!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phliplip

Copenhagen, Denmark

Well, thanks Roy smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phliplip

Copenhagen, Denmark

By done, do you then mean that it’s removed or on the to-do list?

Because I still got 5893 chars left smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community