Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Creating Subcategories generates error when viewing categories or subcategories

stri8ed

Total Posts:  11

Hi

I am attempting to create subcategories for my store. Now before I create the subcategories all the root categories work 100% and bring up the associated products, but as soon as I create a subcategory, both the parent category and the sub bring up error when trying to view.

Here is the error -

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 343151272

Here is the error log for that number:

a:5:{i:0;s:148:"Warning: PDO::quote() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given  in /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 296";i:1;s:4793:"#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'PDO::quote() ex...', '/home/aoffices/...', 296, Array)
#1 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(296): PDO->quote(Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node))
#2 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(877): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_quote(Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node))
#3 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(902): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->quote(Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL)
#4 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(1156): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->quoteInto('entity_id=?', Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL, NULL)
#5 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Select.php(988): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->quoteInto('entity_id=?', Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL)
#6 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Select.php(463): Zend_Db_Select->_where('entity_id=?', Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL, true)
#7 /home/aoffices/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Select.php(93): Zend_Db_Select->where('entity_id=?', Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL)
#8 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(879): Varien_Db_Select->where('entity_id=?', Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node))
#9 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(830): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->_getLoadRowSelect(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Category), Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node))
#10 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Abstract.php(587): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Category), Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL)
#11 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(223): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Category), Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node), NULL)
#12 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/hellocorporate/template/catalog/navigation/vert_nav.phtml(15): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->load(Object(Varien_Data_Tree_Node))
#13 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/home/aoffices/...')
#14 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#15 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#16 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#17 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#18 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#19 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#20 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('left', true)
#21 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/hellocorporate/template/page/3columns.phtml(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('left')
#22 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/home/aoffices/...')
#23 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#24 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#25 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#26 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(536): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#27 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(389): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#28 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/CategoryController.php(115): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#29 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Catalog_CategoryController->viewAction()
#30 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#31 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#32 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#33 /home/aoffices/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#34 /home/aoffices/public_html/index.php(78): Mage::run('', 'store')
#35 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:23:"/chairs/subchair-1.html";s:11:"script_name";s:10:"/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

I tried changing the theme but it makes no difference.

Any help on this would be amazing.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stri8ed

Nevermind, I reinstalled magento and works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BB Chic

Total Posts:  12

I’m getting this same error and don’t want to reinstall Magento because I have almost all of my products already set up and design just right. Help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stri8ed

The issue only occurs once you install a theme (as far as I know). Perhaps the themes are not built for the latest version of magneto, and it is altering some core files and trying to use the wrong (old) quires to pull data.

Thoughts?

I don’t know enough about this to solve it, just some thoughts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dlj32

Total Posts:  17

stri8ed - 05 May 2010 05:16 AM

The issue only occurs once you install a theme (as far as I know). Perhaps the themes are not built for the latest version of magneto, and it is altering some core files and trying to use the wrong (old) quires to pull data.

That would be my guess. If a particular function has changed slightly (inside the corresponding app/code/core folder) and the theme is from a previous version, then there’s a good chance that it’s not calling the function in the correct manner, which is what (to me) appears to be happening on the first line of the error message that you posted.

I know that you solved the issue by reinstalling and not applying the theme, but have you tried applying a theme that has been verified to work with the version of magento that you’re using?

David

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community