Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images upload

ulieeta

Total Posts:  17

Hi,
I have a problem with product images.
I can upload them and they actually go to the tmp directory, but when I try to save the product, the preview disappears and I get this error: “Unable to list current working directory”.
I have already tried to change owner to the /media/tmp folder.
Thanks for your help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iggi

Total Posts:  11

Same problem, did you find any solution?

Looks like Magento has a lot “image” problems…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Arhwen

Total Posts:  9

I have the same problem.I have changed the directory to 777,and the owner,but it still can’t work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

any progress, same error here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BHCOMJared

Total Posts:  8

I’ve found that the /media and subs need to be writable.  Spooky yes but all the same, there’s some tricks you can do to safeguard yourself against attack with .htaccess or with apache (if you use either).

I’ve been farting around trying to figure out what directories require 777 for sure, there’s only a few dependent on it truthfully BUT the simplest way is to make /media and all subs 777 then limit function to the directories with .htaccess or something to the equivalent.  I prefer apache and htaccess personally.

.htaccess (in media directory, will limit function in sub directorys)

Options Includes FollowSymLinks

# secure directory by disabling script execution
AddHandler cgi-script .php .pl .py .jsp .asp .htm .shtml .sh .cgi
Options 
-ExecCGI

I’ve been farting around with the directory structure and found that it is far easier to deal with locking down outside access inside the write access directories and I’m sure there’s a better way to do this but this is a means to keep out unwanted guests. 

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community