Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integrate Magento with backend fulfillment system? 

Chris Farley

Total Posts:  43

I would ideally like to use Magento as our web site’s front end. I can easily export our products, prices, inventory stock levels, etc. into Magento from our existing back-office system.

When a customer clicks on the “checkout” button, I would ideally like them to exit Magento, and be taken to our custom-programmed checkout system, which would probably be hosted on a separate web server.

I don’t want to use ANY of Magento’s checkout features, its back-end order management stuff, etc.

Is this kind of separation-of-responsibilities possible with Magento? Has anybody attempted such a thing?

If it were possible for magento to send a message to another system (using XML-RPC, Web Services, whatever...) when the “checkout” button is pressed with the contents of the shopping cart, we could ‘take it from there’ so to speak. Alternately, the shopping cart contents could be stored as a cookie…

Any pointers or advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community