Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Onepage Checkout - How do I edit area above “Your Checkout Progress”

jattsingh

Total Posts:  65

What file would I edit to insert or remove text and images right above the righthand sidebar in the onepage checkout area right above where it says “Your Checkout Progress”?  I had a previous programmer insert some text there, and now I want to change it, however I have no idea where this is being called from.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Edit this file:
app/design/frontend/{interface}/{theme}/template/checkout/onepage/progress.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

jattsingh

tzyganu - 03 May 2010 10:10 PM

Edit this file:
app/design/frontend/{interface}/{theme}/template/checkout/onepage/progress.phtml

Tried that - the strange thing is that in my template folder that file is not there.  I looked into the default directory, found that file, however it did not have the code I wanted to delete.  I have attached a screenshot of my onepage checkout page.  I want to remove the text “Your personal information is safe with 128 bit SSL encryption and the two icons that appear underneath it.

Image Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

did you try searching in all the files for the text “your personal information....”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jattsingh

tzyganu - 04 May 2010 09:05 AM

did you try searching in all the files for the text “your personal information....”?

Yes I did, and for some strange reason it is not locating it, which is making me thing that it is in some encoded file or something line that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seany

Total Posts:  15

hi
Is their any way to add ab additional drop down to the checkout process to gather more info from customers. i.e. a drop down for users to let me know “How Did they found out about this website”

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

jattsingh

seany - 06 May 2010 11:25 PM

hi
Is their any way to add ab additional drop down to the checkout process to gather more info from customers. i.e. a drop down for users to let me know “How Did they found out about this website”

thanks

dude start a new thread, why are you posting a different question in mine?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

seany - 06 May 2010 11:25 PM

hi

thanks

Take a look at the Order Attributes extension to add any fields to the checkout forms.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community