Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Quantity is not correct on Configurable and Bundles

FinleyMedia

Total Posts:  8

On a configurable product, I have and order that says qty_ordered => 1 on the parent, but qty_ordered => 2 on the child. When invoiced, both state qty_ordered => 1. This error is not consistent.

On Bundles, if someone orders more than 1 bundle, say 10. The quantities of the child products are twice what they should be. These quantities are not configurable by the consumer.

I thought this bug was fixed in the latest release (1.1.6), but apparently not. Please help.

-Thomas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Total Posts:  60

I see the same issue and had to script my way out of it - gave some strange orders on import to our backend system…

Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Also, it is probably messing with the inventory control big time…

Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Indeed it is. We had a child virtual product with 2 in stock. A customer tried to order 2 but got the message that they were not in stock - because it probably chooses 4 instead.

Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Hmm. Are we the only two facing the problem? Seems very strange…

Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Has it been reported as a bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mad Martigan

Total Posts:  44
Medford, OR USA

Our site is still pre-live but we intend to use bundled items a lot.  I’ll run some tests and see if we are having the same issue and report back.

On a different note; what are you guys doing about the issue of ordering bundled items through the backend?  Right now our only thoughts are that the customer service folks will have to take phone orders (that include a bundled item) through the frontend since at this time I see know way to order a bundled item through the admin backend.

Is this an issue for you guys?  If so, what do you do to solve it?

I’ll report back my findings on the inventory issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

I haven’t checked the issue with bundled products, so I am no certain the bug is present there.

We haven’t started taking orders on the phone yet - I’ll let you know our experience.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mad Martigan

Total Posts:  44
Medford, OR USA

I did some testing on our site today.  It’s running Magento 1.1.6. 

When ordering multiple quantities of bundled items the inventory decrement is being handled correctly.  Configurable product inventory is also being handled correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Hi Mad,

Not on our site. Same version. How did you check it?

I have virtual products with configurable as parent. If I order 1 product, everything is ok. If I order 2 of the same product, qty_ordered changes to 4 for the virtual child product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fleet

Total Posts:  8

I’m wondering whether qty_ordered is not always “number of identical items in this order” but “number of identical items in this customer” (i.e. total identical items across multiple orders). Any thoughts on this. Anyone had this result? I’m using v1.1.6

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community