Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“SOLVED” Vertical menu disabled in IE7&8;. Works 100% in FF, Chrome. Please help. 

Michael Laursen

Total Posts:  39

Hi there

I’m almost done with my shop (1.4.0.1), and thought I’ll check it out in IE. Big mistake. Everything looks fine, but the menu is disabled. I’m using the vertnav menu from: Vertnav Extension

Check it out at www.Godkendtvvs.dk or see the attachment.

I really hope someone can help me.

Thanks

-Michael

Image Attachments
FF_Chrome.gifIE8.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Laursen

I held my breath and reinstalled the extension hoping things wouldn’t mess up. They didn’t; only some default vertnav settings should be changed and wolla, the extension now works in IE. I’m unable to create the problem again, so I don’t know what was wrong. :-|

-M

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rico_Neitzel
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  857
Würzburg, Germany

Still problems here?

Rico

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Laursen

Rico-> No thanks. The above fixed the problem. If you have a better way to create a Vertical menu, please post it.

Thanks

-M

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrWho

Total Posts:  9

I have this working ok with 1.4.0.1 expect that I have 3 category levels and only want to show the first two. It ignores the category depth setting for the top nav. Is there some code somewhere that i can set this manually? I have looked but haven’t managed to work it out.

Any help on how to set the category depth would be very much appreciated as the solution works great apart from this.

Many thanks

D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Laursen

DrWho -> Set Is Active to NO. This works very well.

-M

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrWho

Total Posts:  9

Thanks for the suggestion. However I need to third level category to remain active, there are too many to include in the navigation and these are accessed via a landing page.

I am trying to find somewhere where I can edit the code to set the category depth to too.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community