Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

404 Message on Home Page

totalhack

Total Posts:  13

Hello, some how I messed up my store. I was editing some settings in the Admin\System\Manage Stores section and now all I get is a 404 message on my homepage just below the magento logo. I got a warning saying something about my index.php file before I submitted the changes and now that I did submit the changes I was automatically redirected to my homepage where I get a 404 message. I can no longer get to the admin panel either. I get the same 404 error message.

Can anybody tell me the file/database table I need to edit manually to be able to access my store again? Or do I need to do a fresh install?

I tried editing my database table directly core_config_data but I am not sure what to change because I am not exactly sure what I did to create the error.

I appreciate any input that anybody can give.

http://drozdmax.inlandvalleycomputerservice.com to check it out for yourselves.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rossko

Total Posts:  5

ahhh same happened to me - magento needs an undo button :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossko

Total Posts:  5

found this:

go to index.php

find:

Mage::run();

and replace with:

Mage::run(’default’);

then it should work - and i guess once you have fixed the problem you set it back.. but not got that far yet wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

totalhack

Total Posts:  13

Thank you very much for responding. Unfortunately I reinstalled. If that ever happens to me again though I will surely revisit this solution and give it a try.

On a positive note I was able to pull all of my product descriptions that I worked hard on from my database and saved them to a file.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

Thank you. This helped me a great deal!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community