Magento Forum

Blank Interface

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

I created a new interface/theme as described in the Designer’s Guide, by copying the design/default and skin/default directories and giving them new names. When I replace the Current Package Name with the name of the new interface, save it, and then test my web site all I get is a blank page. Does anyone have any ideas? I’m using version 1.1.4

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

Okay, by disabling the cache and reloading I now get the page to load even with the Current Package Name set to the new Interface name that I’ve created. However, none of the changes that I make in the new Interface/Theme seems to have any affect.

I’ve read the design guide and watched the video. I’m trying to setup 3 stores and need to have a different default interface for each store. In order to do this I’ve set things up like this:

app/design/frontend/interface01/interface01 & skin/frontend/interface01/interface01 (with all the same files as contained in the default/default interface)

app/design/frontend/interface02/interface02 & skin/frontend/interface02/interface02 (with all the same files as contained in the default/default interface)

app/design/frontend/interface03/interface03 & skin/frontend/interface03/interface03 (with all the same files as contained in the default/default interface)

Then I assign the new interface to the Current Package setting in System>Configuration>Design settings.

Am I doing this right???? This is my interpretation of what the Designer’s Guide is telling me to do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blu42media

Total Posts:  32
Los Angeles, CA

Hi James-

You mentioned that you set the paths like:

app/design/frontend/interface01/interface01 & skin/frontend/interface01/interface01

It sounds like you’ve set your interface (package), but have you set the theme to interface01 (02, 03) as well?  Give that a try and see how that works.

-John

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

Thanks for the reply. I discovered that to see some of the changes I needed to clear the local cache. I now have three stores up and working just fine: http://mymomsattic.biz, http://dianesbeanies.com, and http://semiretiredtreasures.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

blu42media

Total Posts:  32
Los Angeles, CA

Hi James-

I checked out all three sites and noticed that they are all still blank (yikes).  Plus, they’re taking a really long time to load.  Just thought you should know!

John

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community