Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems Upgrading to 1.1.6 - SOLVED! 

yaani

Total Posts:  56

I had problems upgrading to 1.1.6 using the Magento Connect Manager. It seemed to hang. So I tried the manual route. I had 1.1.4 installed & I downloaded the full package, unzipped it & ftpd it over the existing magento files on the server.

I deleted the var/cache & var/sessions folders. But now I get an error when I browse to the Home page, I get this erroe.

Error in file"/home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Review/sql/review_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.2-0.7.3.php" SQLSTATE[42S21]Column already exists1060 Duplicate column name 'percent_approved'
Trace:
#0 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.2', '0.7.3')
#2 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.2', '0.7.3')
#3 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(236): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Can anyone tell me what is wrong & how I can fix this error?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ODB

Total Posts:  142
London

I know this isn’t going to be much help right now but I’d use Magento Connect to do any upgrades.

Have you tried reuploading that file and checking file rights to it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

Yes. I reuploaded the app/code/core/Mage/Review/sql/review_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.2-0.7.3.php file.

I just changed the permissions to 777 & get the same error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

I backed everything up before I attempted the upgrade.

Do you think the error is a problem with one of the tables in the database? Do you think I should delete the database, create a new one & import the sql file to it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

I am trying really hard to fix this myself but I’m not having very much luck & could use a little help.

I’m kind of puzzled because from looking at the error it looks like it is trying to upgrade from MySql4? I am using MySQL5.0

Also there is no review_setup table in the database, there is a review_status table.

I did a database restore from a backup now I get a slightly different error

Error in file"/home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.9-0.8.10.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'core_flag' already exists
Trace
:
#0 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.8.8', '0.8.11')
#2 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.8.8', '0.8.11')
#3 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(236): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /home/content/y/a/a/yaani2/html/modsnroses/magento/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

It looks like it is still trying to upgrade MySQL 4 ?

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?

Thanks for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

Now I’m beginning to wonder if Magento is to be used with MySQL 4 only?

I originally installed Magento 1.1.3. I used the Connect to upgrade to 1.1.4 without any problems. I only encountered problems when I tried to upgrade from 1.1.4

I’m thinking I may go back to my 1.1.4 installation & try to start the upgrade process again.

Can anyone shed any light on the problems I am having or tell me why it is trying to upgrade the MySQL 4 version when & am using MySQL 5.0?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

Update.

I deleted the core_flag table becasue when I looked in the app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.9-0.8.10.php file it was trying to create the core_flag table that was already there.

When I browsed to the site everything looked fine. I was able to login to the admin backend.  Phew!!! That was quite an ordeal for soemone that is not proficient at MySQL, php or Magento. I hope I haven’t broken anything I need down the line…

I was able to apply the template changes I had made & everything now looks good! :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

firstPerson

Total Posts:  5

Hello,

I have a similar problem. Now our site is upgraded with 1.1.6. But in the product detail page I can’t look detail data. (I mean description).
I found magento 1.1.6 has a new column (has_options) in two tables. There is no in the other version.

Of course, I can add the column into current database. But I don’t know what columns and tables there are still in new database.
So I want to upgrade database tables with new version without losting data.

Do you know?

thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

I’m not sure what is wrong with your description field. My product descriptions display correctly after my upgrade to 1.1.6.

I don’t know how to fix your problem. I thought the upgrade process was supposed to update the database tables.

How did you upgrade? Did you use the Connect Manager or upload the files? Maybe all the files didn’t upload successfully? Maybe try re uploading them?

Maybe try reverting back to the previous installation & try the upgrade again using the Connect Manager?

I’m just guessing at solutions here. I hope you can get it fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community