Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Development environment, logging, debugging and singlestepping

Jonathan Hedrén

Total Posts:  67
Sweden

We are trying to set up a development environment on windows consisting of WampServer 2 and Eclipse 3.3 with the PDT-plugin and the Zend debug plugin. Is there anyone else with a similar setup that have found a way to debug and/or singlestep?

What environments are you guys working with? Is there any other environment setup that you can recommend?

Also, has anyone got the Mage::log() function to work properly?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bott

Total Posts:  53
Provo, UT

I have been successful at creating a development environment on LAMP (shouldn’t really be any different than WAMP) that allows me to debug using the Zend Debugger module for apache and Zend Neon (Eclipse). I think your problem may in fact be that you are trying to run PDT and the Zend Debugger at the same time (on the server side), if I am understanding your setup correctly. I think they have a conflict that will cause issues if you have them both enabled at the same time. Try disabling one or the other and give it another shot.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community