Magento Forum

How do I get the price on the product details page updated with additional costs resulting from a configurable product dropdown box? 

danieln

Total Posts:  131
Mainz, Germany

Hello,

I’m having a little trouble here. I have a configurable product which groups together with lets say 3 products. In the backend I selected the configurable product with the 3 other products. I gave the other two product options a fixed pice adding 10 and 20 dollars to it. In the frontend on the product details page I now have the dropdown box which indicates that the second and third option adds 10 or 20 dollars to it. If I select lets say the scrond option the price stays the same on the details page and is not updated to the new price.

If I put the product in the basket, the price is right. But I think it would be more convenient for customers to see the price changing on selctions they make (like its done in the Apple Store).

Has anyone encountered the same and knows what I’ve done worng (or how to fix it)? Before I start coding it myself, I thought this maybe the Magento guys did this already wink

Thanks,
Daniel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Can you please post a URL to the product that has the issue you describe

thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

danieln

Total Posts:  131
Mainz, Germany

Okay, I checked with the demo store and I think I know whats wrong. thanks anyway yoav!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community