Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t install under HTTPS —HTTP appears to work fine

nivekiam

Total Posts:  30

When I try installing Magento under HTTPS, it does not read the path for the JavaScript and CSS file(s).  So you can’t even get past the first page.

EDIT:
Removed site link, Magento no longer installed there.

Looking at the source of the page these are the “paths” for the javascript and CSS files:
src="{{secure_protocol}}://{{secure_host}}:{{secure_port}}/magento/js

href="{{secure_protocol}}://{{secure_host}}:{{secure_port}}/magento/skin

It appears getBaseUrl() is working, but getJsUrl and getSkinUrl are not under HTTPS.  When trying to install under HTTP everything appears to function correctly.

Just noticed the same thing is happening with the image files as well, so it’s not displaying the Magento logo.

I was able to install and configure Zen-Cart just fine under HTTPS

I did submit a bug report on this, but that was before I had tried messing around with it more.  I also mentioned it in another thread, but didn’t get any response relating directly to that issue.

Let me know what other information, if any you need.

Kevin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

The problem was found and fix will be available in next release.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community