Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to change magento admin panel default logo and text?

homerun

Total Posts:  16

Hi Guys,

I’m a novice to magento. Please help how to change the default Magento logo (vertical logo) and the text “Magento is a trademark of Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien. Copyright © 2008 Irubin Consulting Inc.” while login to admin panel ?

For example:
http://demo.Magentocommerce.com/admin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Total Posts:  103
Carson, Wa.

header and footer templates can be found here: magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/

Magento Community
Magento Community

anutosh

Total Posts:  46
Kolkata, India

By default, Admin templates can be found in this folder path

path-to-your-root-folder/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/

Now you need to look around in different sub-folders as if you were looking in the front-end, with the mapping as each sub-folder corresponds to each module.

Also, for this Admin section, you will find some of the independent pages pf PHTML, which are not attached to any existing module & are located in the ”templates” folder only of this admin section. Some of these are:-
1. forgotpassword.phtml
2. login.phtml
3. access_denied.phtml
4. overlay_popup.phtml
So please look out for these sort of general pages in the main ”templates” folder of admin section as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

saramartin

Total Posts:  7

header tab to change the logo src (source ) to your respective filename or path. There also you can change logo alt (alternet) text
TO change logo from core file you need to go app/code/core/Mage/Page/config.xml. There you can change <logo_src> to your respective file name/path. There you can change logo alt text from <logo_alt> tag.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uguptu

Total Posts:  125
Kyiv, Ukraine

In case you are performing a fair customization and hope to successfully upgrade to the next Magento release with no issues, you MUST NOT touch any of the core source files.

If you want to override something in the backend, simply create a new module, make it dependent from Mage_Adminhtml, make a link in it’s config.xml to the layout update file and then create that file as well. Now you can write layout update instructions that will override the existing layout settings.

There is no other way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brunomarshall
Guru

Total Posts:  367

HI,
You can change magento logo from back end system > configuration > select your website from left dropdown and move to design on left navigation >logo >paste images/logoname

this works if you put logo in skin/images in your theme folder

changing favicon : favicon can be changed in your skin/your theme folder /favicon replace your image with the name of favicon

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web Developer02

Total Posts:  31

The way is here

sign in at admin panel & go to System
Configuration
click at Design (Through menu)
come at Header section (by options)
It will pop out in middle screen
need to change field Logo Image Src
“images/logo.gif” (file path/name)

Magento Community
Magento Community

bernadette34

Total Posts:  2

saramartin - 03 April 2011 07:03 PM

header tab to change the logo src (source ) to your respective filename or path. There also you can change logo alt (alternet) text
TO change logo from core file you need to go app/code/core/Mage/Page/config.xml. There you can change <logo_src> to your respective file name/path. There you can change logo alt text from <logo_alt> tag.

Oh, that really helped me out a lot!  Thanks for your insight.

Magento Community
Magento Community

angelleye

Total Posts:  45
Kansas City, MO

uguptu - 03 April 2011 11:29 PM

In case you are performing a fair customization and hope to successfully upgrade to the next Magento release with no issues, you MUST NOT touch any of the core source files.

If you want to override something in the backend, simply create a new module, make it dependent from Mage_Adminhtml, make a link in it’s config.xml to the layout update file and then create that file as well. Now you can write layout update instructions that will override the existing layout settings.

There is no other way.

I’m just learning Magento and I’m trying to use this as a little trainer project.  I know the way you’ve outlined here is definitely the way this needs to be done, and I think I’m close, but I’m not 100% sure where to go from here.

I created my own module at /app/code/local/Usbswiper/Adminhtml.  Then I created /app/code/local/Usbswiper/Adminhtml/etc/config.xml with the following:

<config>
<modules>
<Usbswiper_Adminhtml>
<version>0.1.0</version>
</Usbswiper_Adminhtml>
</modules>
<global>
<blocks>
<adminhtml>
<rewrite>
<resource>Usbswiper_Adminhtml_Block_Page_Header</resource>
</rewrite>
</adminhtml>
</blocks>
</global>
</config>

Then I added the following to my /app/etc/modules/Usbswiper_All.xml config file within the modules node…

<Usbswiper_Adminhtml>
<active>true/</active>
<codePool>local</codePool>
</Usbswiper_Adminhtml>

Then I created /app/code/local/Usbswiper/Adminhtml/Block/Page/Header.php with the following in it…

class Usbswiper_Adminhtml_Block_Page_Header extends Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Page_Header
{
public function __construct()
{
parent::__construct();
$this->setTemplate(’page/header.phtml’);
}
}

So at this point I’m thinking my header would override the core admin header, but here’s where I’m.  I haven’t quite gotten the grasp of working with template files so I’m not sure what to do from here (or if I’ve even done everything correctly up to this point).

Do I need to create my own directory under /app/design/adminhtml/default for my theme, and then create my version of template/page/header.phtml there?  Or what exactly?

I feel like I’m on the right track but I could be completely wrong.  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

Steps to chagne Logo
First You need to upload logo image at Skin/frontend/default/default/images
Then Go to admin Panel: System > Configuration > Design

You can see here many basic things related to design of magento store like Packages, Theme , Html Head , Header , Footer , Product Image Watermark.
To change logo choose header options.
You can also change Welcome Text , Footer Copy right

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community