Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Rule corruption on live site! 

redpen

Total Posts:  254

We had a site-wide discount running this weekend, which was fine for just over 24 hours, at which point for some reason the conditions for applying the discount got corrupted, and brought in all kinds of weird requirements from other shopping cart rules. 

Basically, our customers couldn’t apply the code.

What caused this, and will it happen again?

Live (trading) site, 1.1.6…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

when a customers go to checkout and the cart apply 2 rules… this rules change themself, any conditions of one go to the second and vice-versa, it depends on the priority of the rule.

this is a known bug, you need to check every rule, and after export your salesrule table with phpmyadmin… it is better if you can run the query every 5 minutes with a cronjob (i’m searching to do this here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18231)

the update query is necessary AFTER EVERY order grrr

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

chiaraweb - 20 September 2008 10:10 AM

when a customers go to checkout and the cart apply 2 rules… this rules change themself, any conditions of one go to the second and vice-versa, it depends on the priority of the rule.

this is a known bug, you need to check every rule, and after export your salesrule table with phpmyadmin… it is better if you can run the query every 5 minutes with a cronjob (i’m searching to do this here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18231)

the update query is necessary AFTER EVERY order grrr

You’re kidding, right?  This is known bug, since when?  Do the Magento team know about this?

I honestly can’t believe that it’s altering the salesrule table, but I guess it is.  Crazy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

yes I have a support ticket opened
I’m waiting a solution

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

chiaraweb - 20 September 2008 10:51 AM

yes I have a support ticket opened
I’m waiting a solution

Is this a recent bug since 1.1.6 or something?  Would you be so kind as to publish the response when you get it, please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Did you get a response back from Magento?  It’s just done this again with us at some point in the night so who knows how many potential sales we’ve lost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

I will let you know when a reply will be placed.

The better solution at this moment is create a php script that reload in db your rules every 5 minutes

The bug for me is since 1.1.2

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community