Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Still having issues with layered index refresh and catalog price rules

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I just upgraded to 1.1.6 hoping it would fix the layered navigation index refresh timeout problem I’ve been having but I still see the same thing - a timeout after about 10 minutes and a partially completed refresh. I’ve been trying to get this going with cron but that’s a whole other issue. Right now I’m just trying to get this working by manually kicking off the processes from the admin.

What I’m seeing during the process on the front end is very strange, the layered navigation will show up partially completed and then disappear a few moments later - and then reappear. It’s like it keeps trying to rebuild the same thing in a loop and will eventually time out. The same thing happens when I try to apply a catalog price rule; one moment the sale price shows and then it’s gone again.

Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dracnet

Total Posts:  17
Barcelona (Spain)

same problem here.
layered navigation total counting is really bad.
we’re loosing sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

All About Doors and Windows

Total Posts:  51
Kansas City, MO USA

I am having the same issue. I imported new products and the new categories didn’t show the layered navigation. So I went in and refreshed the cache. I was greeted with no categories having layered navigation, even ones that had them before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

Anyone have any luck finding a fix for this?  I am still having the problem in 1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

BUMP for this issue.

I effectively have a DEAD store because Layered Navigation will not refresh. The refresh times out, and the layered navigation filter is now completely gone. This was the main way for users to navigate my products.

Is there any way to manually rebuild this index, or rebuild it offline and upload to the web server?

Layered navigation—as designed—works perfectly for my product catalog, and replacing it with a different type of nav, static categories or configurable search, would not be as functional.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

I had the exact same issue, all my layered nav was gone and could not rebuild due to timeout.  I contacted my host and asked if they could increase the “connection timeout”.  They changed it from the default 120 to 300 and that did it.  It works perfect now.  Give that a try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

markf - 13 December 2008 04:06 AM

I had the exact same issue, all my layered nav was gone and could not rebuild due to timeout.  I contacted my host and asked if they could increase the “connection timeout”.  They changed it from the default 120 to 300 and that did it.  It works perfect now.  Give that a try.

Thanks for this info. I had to upgrade my hosting plan to an account where I had control over the php.ini, but once I increased the timeout for the connection, I was indeed able to get the index to refresh successfully.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kimchi209

Total Posts:  67

I have just noticed that the layered navigation has disappeared. On the cache management i noticed it said running (kill index) which I do not remember seeing before. Does this just mean that it is indexing and once that is complete the layered nav will pop back up? Will this happen often?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage4Frank

Total Posts:  18
Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Can we link this thread to this one here? http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11938/P45/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community