Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Re-Write Question

Stress Head

Total Posts:  32

I have added some products to my store manually and the urls are working great as below

http://www.mydomain.com/waterproof-rabbit-vibrators/femme-fatale-flexi-rabbit.html/

I then exported the store and added the rest of my products to the CSV file following the format of the exported products.

For some reason, despite the contents of the CSV file products being exactly the same for all products, maunailly added or imported, the URL for the imported products are like this

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/product/view/id/194/s/waterproof-jack-rabbit-with-5-rows-of-beads-purple-rabbit-vibrator/category/45/

There is no difference that I can see when exporting all products between the correct url and the wrong one ?

any suggestions anyone? I really want ot sort this out before point google at it!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Stress Head

I had a look around in the database, and it seems to me that the new URL’s are not in the core_url_rewrite table, but the manually added products are?

Anyone care to comment, or suggest a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stress Head

Ignore my last post, was looking in the wrong DB :-(

I resolved this in the end by doing a re-install. However, the problem WASN’T the database as I only re-installed the files, then connected to the DB and everything worked fine. Just wish I know how I broke it..............

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community