Magento Forum

Importing data with PHPMyAdmin

laftah

Total Posts:  10

Hi everybody,

I have 3000 products with the same Custom Options, as options are not managed by the Magento Product Import right now, I’m trying to import directly in the database.
After importing the need data in the right tables, I can see the options in the Catalog back-end Product manager and they are fine, but I can’t see them in the front-end unless I save the product again in the backend.

I tried to refesh the cache (all of it) but still nothing happens on the front-end. Only saving the product again in the back-end will show the options on the front-end.

I’m sure that there is no more table to alter as I added manually an option and checked in the database wich tables have new records.

Here are the tables where I have added records:
catalog_product_option
catalog_product_option_title
catalog_product_option_type_price
catalog_product_option_type_title
catalog_product_option_type_value

Do you think that there is record that are updated (not new) in other tables ?

Thanks for help…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

laftah

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

I’ve found where was the problem.

Along with the new record created in the Options tables, there is one record to update in the catalog_product_entity table, you have to update the has_option column value to 1. That way I can see now my options on the Back and Front end wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoKing

Total Posts:  12

HI laftah
I was browsing through the post and found your thread by conceitedness. I am very much interested to know which data you entered in which tables. can you share the sample files

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community