Magento Forum

Custom Template Files not loading

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.
I am working with a new design based on the new blank template.

What I did was simply rename ‘blank’ to be default (named ‘default’) theme as this way I only need to create the minimum of files for my customisation. I have created a custom theme that I have set as default in the configuration.

Everything up too this point is working great.
I have created a few extra template files and they are loading correctly.

The problem I am having is when I copy an existing template file to my custom theme, for example catalog/report/products_viewed.phtml. No matter what I try it still loads from the default (named ‘default’) theme rather than my custom theme which I have marked in config as the default.

So, in summary any new template files I create in my custom theme load correctly. But, any template files that are also in the default theme do not load but are loaded from the default (named ‘default’) theme instead. When I remove the template from the deafult (named ‘ default’) theme I get an error about not being able to lad the file (pointing to default/default). So it is not even trying to load my custom template file.

Any ideas on how to fix this. I have tried setting my custom theme specifically as the template, layout etc in the admin area as well.

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community