Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Free shipping Bugs

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

I think there are many problems with the Free Shipping method and coupon.
Here is what I found out so far. Please post your experience in this regard to see if this is happening to me only or other people have the same problem. I have Magento 1.1.6

1- When enabling the Free shipping method in the admin configuration, if I set a minimum order amount to any number (even 1) this method will not show up on the front end. If I leave the minimum order amount box empty, then it will show up for all orders.
2- If I create a promotional code (coupon code) for free shipping, when a customer enters the free shipping code, Magento will look for a GROUND shipping method in your list of available methods. If you have a a ground method available (for example UPS Ground) it will show that method as $0. If you don’t have Ground shipping available, customer will not have any option of free shipping to choose. This is absolutely useless for my case. I have UPS, FedEx and Flat rate shipping methods available. I need to make the coupon for a free shipping and I will be using DHL for this free shipping method. But, the problem is when my customer applies the coupon, Magento changes my UPS ground shipping to $0 and does not show a extra free shipping method for this purpose.

So, based on all these errors and bugs, I tried to figure out a method to go around this problem, but what ever I have done, there is something wrong with Magento final result. So I decided to disable all these features and not offer free shipping to my customers until I find a way to fix the Free Shipping Method or coupon problem.

I like to use the coupon method because I want to offer this free shipping only to my registered customer, Unfortunately, the shipping method itself does not allow you to specify customer group and the coupon method is not working properly.

An comment is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kana Cuban Coffee Roasters

Total Posts:  22

We are having the same issue and this is a major problem since single order shipping cost are so high.

The major issue we are having is centered with the UPS shipping method and the ‘Minimum order amount for free shipping’ variable.  We have tried 2 or $18 and they both just make shipping free for ANY order.

This seems to have never been fixed and it is a major issue for us.  Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaveDurlan

Total Posts:  23

Has this been resolved? We’re getting strange behavior with Free and UPS in the Admin. I keeps reverting back to zero shipping when certain changes like applying a coupon are added.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community